Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2035 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Another idiots guide needed...

Having completely mastered (not) sash openings, and i hate myself for asking this, i now need to look at cutouts for objects. I have found several topics on this subject, but they all seem to wander off topic in ways that i find confusing.
ie. an L shaped object, pool maybe, cuts a rectangular hole, how is this modified, i know there is a workaround for this, adding yet another object to cover the hole, but i hate workarounds and see this as only being needed if an object added at a lower level has sloping sides.
Will an object, once created with sh3d, need to be imported into a library in order to make the changes? Would it be off in its own library, would it need to stay in a library if you are only going to use it once. In the words of Johnny Nash, there are more questions than answers.
Hopefully
Mike
P.S. got that song stuck in my head now..... and so will you smile
[Apr 11, 2019, 10:47:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Another idiots guide needed...

Doing the cutout in the library certainly is the best idea. However, it is possible to do this on an ad-hoc basis too.

When an item from a furniture library is imported, so are all the properties that goes with it. This is stored within the SH3D file, more specifically the Home.xml within the (compressed) SH3D file.

I would not exactly recommend extracting Home.xml and edit it (and most certainly not without back-up), but anyone familiar with xml (or even html) should be able to add the cutout to an object in a home. I would recommend using a home with another cutout to see the format. For cutouts it is similar to the library properties (whereas sashes and some of the other properties are stored in radians instead of degrees).

Whether you use the library .properties file or xml, you will still need to get the SVG path right. Also not black magic, but, well, as you know, a bit daunting until you know how...

ok
[Apr 11, 2019, 12:37:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dadv

Re: Another idiots guide needed...

Again, For the SVG path, you could look at my app . .. but i don't know if it could do what you want ... it's realy specific
[Apr 11, 2019, 8:04:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved