Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 924 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
jotape1960

Chile
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Installation of the last upgraded version in Ubuntu

I use UbuntuStudio 18.04.2 LTS.

I downloaded the last upgraded version of Sweet Home 3D and I decompressed the file.

Well, I put that folder into the old /home/.eteks folder.

But... In that folder there is the old version, too!

Now... I can use the new version, without any problems.

The question is... Can I erase the old version folder?

If I cannot to erase all... Which files can I erase?

I think this issue wouldn't exist if the new version was into the official Ubuntu repository, but...

JUAN, from Chile, South America.
[Apr 11, 2019 11:57:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Installation of the last upgraded version in Ubuntu

Your SH3D installation should not be in the /home/.eteks folder, this folder is for your personal additional files like furniture you are adding or plugins.
My SH3D installation e.g. is in the usr/share folder and there in a separate folder for each version of SH3D. In this way, I can test the latest version first before I delete the old one.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.1.2 / Ubuntu 18.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x
[Apr 12, 2019 4:53:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    http://binnenflotte.telame.ch [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand
Re: Installation of the last upgraded version in Ubuntu

Your SH3D installation should not be in the /home/.eteks folder, this folder is for your personal additional files like furniture you are adding or plugins.
My SH3D installation e.g. is in the usr/share folder and there in a separate folder for each version of SH3D. In this way, I can test the latest version first before I delete the old one.

I also like to keep several versions around. I use a symbolic link such as Live or Latest to point to the one that desktop users should be using.

I also like keep the install in a filesystem that is separate from the OS (to avoid OS upgrades clobbering anything). Either under /home/local or /usr/local depending on the organisation of the available drives.
[Apr 12, 2019 11:49:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    https://www.flickr.com/photos/digitaltrails/ [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2019 eTeks - All rights reserved