Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 59050 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: AOI - colored objects?

Great!! thank you so much!
I will try that.

[Oct 16, 2007, 6:43:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

ok, I tried it and this is a snapshot of the result:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/gymnart/spst-wndows-trees.jpg

At least there's a frame around the whole thing and I can live with that. :)

Anyway, if you like it, I can submit it for the repository.

[Oct 17, 2007, 4:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It looks very nice. Submit it for the repository if you want.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 17, 2007, 6:35:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Alv20

Spain

Please, where can i download this:

To help you choose a color, please download the image http://sweethome3d.sourceforge.net/Java3DCubeColorsWithTransparency.png : it shows all the colors listed above.

404 Not found!

Thanks,
[Jan 28, 2011, 10:19:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Alv,

This link works.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at Jan 28, 2011, 10:42:35 AM]
[Jan 28, 2011, 10:38:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Alv20

Spain

Ok, thanks!!
[Jan 28, 2011, 11:13:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

When making models, I have so far tended to use material names that match the part of the furniture, e.g.
usemtl desktop
usemtl legs
usemtl handle
This made more sense if I later wanted to apply different colours. Then the original colour names are meaningless (while, say, 'desktop' still describes the part of the object). However, this also means relying on an .mtl file to define the material colours. So now I wonder...

Does anyone have an opinion on which approach is better? Does using the predefined colours have advantages in terms of performance (no .mtl file for SH3D to worry about)? Other good reasons for sticking to the defaults instead of named furniture parts?

ok
[Dec 9, 2013, 1:17:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Predefined colors were mandatory when Sweet Home 3D wasn't able to import .mtl files (before version 1.3).
As from version 4.0, it's also possible to modify the materials of a piece of furniture from Sweet Home 3D user interface, I guess your idea to name materials from their function rather from their color is a good idea. I did it myself for a few 3D models last summer, and in the bunk beds model (and a few other ones), I even used different names for the materials of the two beds even if their colors are the same. This way the user have more choice of customization.
I wouldn't worry for the performance loss, it's probably not significant.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 9, 2013, 6:05:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Thanks. Then I will stick to my "named parts" approach (and not change existing models). And yes, I also use different names for the same colours, for instance back and front of a door-frame, in case I need to repaint on the orders of she who must be obeyed :-)

ok
[Dec 9, 2013, 6:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Theduck38

Hello all

I am very proud for having created my own window with a trapeze shape biggrin ...
But I still have a minor issue : I opened a .obj SH3D window to find the colour used for the glass. I found : flltgrey.
But when using this colour for my glass, it is finally much more transparent than the SH3D's library windows... why ? Did I use an incorrect color ? Must my glass be thicker in order to have another colour aspect ?
[Dec 13, 2013, 10:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved