Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3454 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
MichaelN

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How can I edit a Collade File?

I found some nice models, but they contain 2 furnitures instead of one. Look at https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/e7f3aa...adezimmerschrank-halbhoch
for example.

How can I edit the DAE File, so that only one of the furnitures are left?
[Apr 21, 2019, 8:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How can I edit a Collade File?

You can try to make the 2D model invisible. (Furniture - Modify Furniture - Materials - Modify)

If that's not possible, it may get difficult.

Normally you would do the following:
- install free version of Sketchup
- open SKP model
- delete or modify unwanted parts
- export model as DAE
- import in SH3D

Unfortunately the greedy people at Trimble have decided that the free installable version is no longer available. There is now a free online version, but it doesn't allow exporting your model in DAE. You have to pay to use that feature.

You can try to find the 2015 version of the program, which is (was?) available and can be installed. However... to make life difficult Trimble has deleted almost all "old" versions of the models, so now for most models you will only find 2017 and 2018 versions of the SKP models. These versions cannot be used in the free 2015 version of Sketchup.

All this makes that the Sketchup 'universe' that many of us have used for many years has become almost un-usable.

Sad.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 22, 2019, 9:23:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

In this particular case I do this to solve the problem:
1. Import the zip file with import furniture;
2. Select and than Modify furniture...->Materials:Modify...(as hansmex specify)
3. Select material_3 and set invisible ->OK;
4. Select and export selection as obj; give them a name;
5. Import it as furniture and You will have desire furniture.
All's well but this is not always the case.
In other cases I import and modify the obj with AOI and then import as furniture with cautions at dimensions.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 22, 2019, 4:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland

MichaelN: This is late response and also a sidetrack when talking about your actual problem.

As hansmex showed, Sketchup is handy tool to solve this kind of problem with SKP-files downloaded from 3Dwarehouse.
Today Trimble seems to keep older Sketchup-versions hiding in the shadows but I just found Sketchup Make 2017 from https://www.sketchup.com/download/make
When clicking link, selecting proper choises and clicking Submit-button you should get pop-up-window that offer possibility to save file sketchupmake-2017-2-2555-90782-en-x64.exe.
File size was 148 MB. I have not installed and tested it because I have used this version since 2017.

So: Sketchup Make 2017 seems to be still available if you or anybody else want to use this versatile 'gues what happens now' modelling software. biggrin

Seppo
[Jun 30, 2019, 11:31:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved