Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2518 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
runlevel6

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
For the love of all...WTH....

I have been using this software for the past few weeks. Suddenly, on a printout where I chose to send the 3d view to a seperate window, it is impossible to revert to having the 3d model back to the default view...under the 2d view.

What is worse is that if I try to close the 3d window, all of the program becomes completely un responsive. All I can do is kill java in the task manager. to close the program, where it will re-open with the 3d view in a different window.
[May 6, 2019, 5:02:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
runlevel6

US
Re: For the love of all...WTH....

Additional Info:

When I open the Sweet Home program, it automatically opens with the previous file (instead of opening the program itself)...and the title bar reads the filename "Kitchen.sh3d[recovered]".

I never specifically asked it to recover files, nor does it allow me to close the file...any attempt to work with it just locks the program up.

Is there a way to flush out what is locked up short of re-installing the program? I dont want to have to track down all the custom components i loaded into it again.
[May 6, 2019, 3:26:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
runlevel6

US

OK, I have success:

When the "recovered" file opens...DONT DO ANYTHING WITH IT! Go File > Save As... > and save as a completely different file. Then File > Close.

Any attempts to work with the recovered file will lock everything up.
[May 6, 2019, 3:42:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The recovered file is sometimes buggy itself, in some rare cases. You can also remove it from the recovery subfolder found in private Sweet Home 3D folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D under Windows).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 13, 2019, 11:46:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved