Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1331 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
window cut outs

Is there a specific reason any shape i create for a window cuts a wall correctly when the wall is straight but reverts to a large square hole when positioned in an angled or arced wall.

Mike
[May 12, 2019, 11:19:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: window cut outs

Is there another workaround or plug-in to counteract this issue?
[May 12, 2019, 11:20:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Sussed out the angled wall, cannot figure the arced wall, think i will have to simplify the cut-out, even though it is a library item, then create a window to match it, which seems backwards.
Mike
[May 12, 2019, 12:51:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Must be getting old, chatting to myself now. sad
[May 12, 2019, 12:52:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

in order to get a good cutout u have to experiment by rotating your object, set it to align with your wall,
and edit it Manuel ,even 0.1 deg up or down can give u a good cutout

Example ;
1 If your wall has a Angle of 120 deg, set the angle of the window to 338.5 or 158.4

2 If your wall has a Angle of -103 deg, set the angle of the window to 192.9 or 12.8

----------------------------------------
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[May 12, 2019, 7:44:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you for the suggestion FDpaffle, appreciate your taking the time to reply, i was more concerned with the cut-out than the actual window, as i was fitting a vertical window into a sloping roof, here is an image to explain what i was trying to achieve.

Thx again.

Mike
[May 12, 2019, 8:11:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, round walls accept only rectangular cutouts. With the current version, the only workaround would be to simulate a round wall with small straight wall parts but it requires some patience!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 13, 2019, 7:18:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

maybe this is a work around
to create this roof and his dormers i used only boxes and Triangles from the library

To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[May 13, 2019, 4:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved