Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3876 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
bbxrider

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
reconcile wall length with inside room dimensions

I'm a fairly newbie sweet home user. not sure how to reconcile inside wall dimensions when I have created my home plan wall by wall, please see below, the inside wall dimension is 14' 3" the length I have given to the wall but when I measure out the same distance, the ruler is longer than the walls inside dimension.

it would seem I have to give the wall property a greater length than the actual inside dimension. the walls width is 4.5" for a 2x4 with sheet rock on either side. however the exterior walls will be 5.25" for 2x4 with 3/4" sheathing and 1" of stucco

is there some way to tell sweet home a wall length is the finished inside dimension?

the preview is not showing the google pic link using the image tags, so I am providing the raw link here so it can be seen just in case
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNxbwZHzkhrbvboJR03OnSvD6JCzi2BgZa0VuKI
[May 12, 2019, 11:02:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: reconcile wall length with inside room dimensions

You should view this video which explains how to draw rooms from their inner dimensions.
Hope this will help...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 13, 2019, 7:12:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bbxrider

United States
Re: reconcile wall length with inside room dimensions

thanks for the reply, that is a great feature, to get my existing house all drawn out probably still have draw some walls
[May 18, 2019, 8:42:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved