Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5523 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
baldyman

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Display 3d in a separate windows is blank

SW3D 6.1.2
Linux Mint 19 x64
Nvidia 2060 @ 418.56

When I attempt to display my model 3D in a separate window that window is blank. Flipping back to normal view works fine.

Creating a new model works in the separate window. Opening an old one doesn't.

I have 3 monitors but am forced to use only one, which is somewhat annoying.

Any ideas?
[May 18, 2019, 4:40:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand
Re: Display 3d in a separate windows is blank

SW3D 6.1.2
Linux Mint 19 x64
Nvidia 2060 @ 418.56

When I attempt to display my model 3D in a separate window that window is blank. Flipping back to normal view works fine.

Creating a new model works in the separate window. Opening an old one doesn't.

I have 3 monitors but am forced to use only one, which is somewhat annoying.

Any ideas?

I'm using version 6.1.2 on OpenSUSE tumbleweed, x64, proprietary nivida driver 430.14, a quite old GTX 650 Ti, and two monitors. I have no issue with displaying the 3D model in a separate window. However SweetHome3D won't even complete startup unless I modify the startup script and add

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true

Maybe that might be worth trying. (Put the additional -D parameter anywhere before or after the other -D definitions.)
[May 19, 2019, 3:26:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jschlosser

Running 6.3 and 6.4, once I open in a separate window, it locks everything up. Would love to be able to use my other monitor, too. I wonder if this is the key. I retired from my coding days years ago and never did Java. I am willing to give this a try if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
[Jul 27, 2020, 3:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

Running 6.3 and 6.4, once I open in a separate window, it locks everything up. Would love to be able to use my other monitor, too. I wonder if this is the key. I retired from my coding days years ago and never did Java. I am willing to give this a try if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

If giving "this" a try means you would like to try editing the startup parameters, the process is the similar to the one described for increasing the memory allocated to Java. This is documented in the FAQ, see: How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D? in:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/faq.jsp

Instead of modifying the text described in the FAQ, use a text editor to insert the following:

com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true

Backup the existing file before changing it.

I can't be more specific because exactly what needs to be edited varies depending on your operating system. Note, you're not editing Java code, rather you're just altering scripts or config files (similar to mainframe JCL, UNIX shell scripts, or application property files).
[Jul 28, 2020, 5:23:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved