Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Closed
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17619 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
bkdroid13

smile Windows 7 vs Windows 10??

I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install.
Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not.

Let me know your views on which to choose version of window.

Thanks
[Jun 14, 2019, 5:55:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Windows 7 vs Windows 10??

Without any hesitation, W10 !
wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 14, 2019, 6:31:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Also between W7 or W10 I chose debian.
Well I don't have money to spend for W+AntiVirus+Office+ a lot of other licences
wile I could do the same things for free of charge BUT with a little extra work.
So, depend of a lot of condition to take a decision.
To be in line with bdfd I decide:
Definitively debian (some kind of linux), net-install+customization.
For more information ASK & give us more information for what You need.
I'am available to help.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jun 26, 2019, 7:04:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Also between W7 or W10 I chose debian.
Well I don't have money to spend for W+AntiVirus+Office+ a lot of other licences
wile I could do the same things for free of charge BUT with a little extra work.
So, depend of a lot of condition to take a decision.
To be in line with bdfd I decide:
Definitively debian (some kind of linux), net-install+customization.
For more information ASK & give us more information for what You need.
I'am available to help.

AMEN!
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jun 26, 2019, 7:41:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baldyman

UK

Definitely Linux - Ubuntu or Mint for preference.
[Aug 2, 2019, 3:29:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Autophanous

Windows 10 would be great.
[Oct 14, 2019, 12:25:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
EricMarshallu

United States

Despite all the new features in Windows 10, Windows 7 still does have better app compatibility. While Photoshop, Google Chrome, and other popular application continue to work on both Windows 10 and Windows 7, some old third-party pieces of software work better on the older operating system
[Nov 19, 2019, 2:17:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GinoMaid

You can go with Windows 10.
[Nov 23, 2019, 9:08:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ubiquity

Australia

The challenge with Windows 7 is that Microsoft (as of this month Jan 2020) no longer supports it.
If you can afford Windows 10 - it's about $250 or that is its value when supplied with a new computer - then fine otherwise Linux (free) is definitely a good option.
[Jan 14, 2020, 4:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Ya, I stuck with Win7 until they stopped supporting it, and wasn't willing to go the route of getting the computer locked for Ransom like the people who stayed on XP.

I loved windows 7, and went straight from XP to Windows 7 and stayed there. I hated Windows 10. But the current Windows 10 is not at all what the first Windows 10s were. The current one is quite mature. It still has some major drawbacks, but also in some ways it's much better than 7.

If you like gaming, or are even remotely into good gaming, it's Windows over Linux anytime. Windows has a great Xbox overlay that can do screen capture of your games, play your Spotify in-game, etc

I had Win7Pro, and I paid around $200 for Win10Pro, which was a steal, especially compared to the cost of older versions of Windows when those were new.

Win10Pro is well worth the money, especially for its Virtualization capabilities, with a button right in the explorer window to enter Virtualization.

I got the physical USB that comes in a nice box that can be kept on a book shelf with your WinKey in it.

I'm quite happy with Win10Pro, it handles a lot more memory and PC Power better than Win7Prox64 did. With DDR5 right around the corner, Win10pro is much better suited to very high amounts of RAM, and 12-core Threadrippers etc.

I'm glad I waited til win10 got much better, but I'm a bit worried that this means Win10 will be replaced by something else too soon and the whole thing will start all over again.
[Apr 25, 2020, 6:33:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved