Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3192 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
vincemay

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering: Java Error

Dear Friends

I have a big problem ! Please Help me.

Using Sweethome3d, upon rendering of a very large file (400 MB) returns a JAVA error that I transcribe:

"Java. Lang. OutOfMemoryError: GC OVERHEAD LIMIT EXCEEDED"
And sometimes even a Heap Space exception

At render time, if active artificial lighting, it produces the following error first. I don't think DAE models could cause the inconvenience because, do I render with daylighting without artificial lights or with those used for the Interior, the problem does not occur.
I don't know how to fix it. Mainly use a mobile PC with an INTEL i5 processor and 8 GB of ram now a little dated. But even on an ASUS laptop Intel i7 8 Gb ram 8000 series and the problem returns.
How do I fix. How to assign more memory to Java.
Thank you in advance and I look forward.
Kind regards.
Vincenzo
[Jul 8, 2019, 8:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Rendering: Java Error

Please read the FAQ How can I adjust the memory used by Sweet Home 3D?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 8, 2019, 10:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
vincemay

Italia

Thanks Emmanuel,

Now everything is ok. I assigned -Xmx 4096m and seems to fly.
[Jul 9, 2019, 1:11:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

hi Emmanuel
I tried the numbers vincemay used but but sweethome would not start, halved the value, then halved it again, neither allowed sweethome to start
this is my pc

this is my sweethome version

Could you tell me what to add in the ini please.
As my pc is set i cannot work with any sh3d file over approx 60'000 kb, pc lags way to much in the 3d view, it can take 2 or 3 mins for the view to change just moving to a different level.
Thx
Mike
[Jul 9, 2019, 3:25:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

this is the error i am getting

[Jul 9, 2019, 3:44:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Mike, remove the space after -Xmx
The memory size should come just after, like in -Xmx2048m
[Jul 10, 2019, 12:58:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

thank you
With my set up what is the highest value am i able to use
[Jul 10, 2019, 11:32:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The usable maximum depends on how much RAM is available in your computer and how much memory is used by the system and other programs. Beyond that limit, there are chances that the computer will have to swap more often, slowing down everything.
If your computer has 16 GB RAM, I think -Xmx8g (8 GB) will let plenty of RAM for Sweet Home 3D.
[Jul 12, 2019, 2:11:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

thk you i will try it shortly smile
[Jul 12, 2019, 2:57:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved