Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2739 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
MichaelN

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How could I make a window see-through

I have found a model of a velux window in the web, but I can't see-trough in the 3D view. I tried to make it to a window with the FurnitureLibraryEditor, but with no effect. What could I do?

The PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties contains now these lines:

name#1=Velux
category#1=Türen und Fenster
icon#1=/Velux.png
model#1=/Velux/Velux.obj
multiPartModel#1=true
width#1=89
depth#1=116.21289
height#1=111.77972
movable#1=true
doorOrWindow#1=true
doorOrWindowCutOutShape#1=M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z
elevation#1=80
modelSize#1=50902
horizontallyRotatable#1=false
[Jul 9, 2019, 8:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: How could I make a window see-through

hi Michael
i dont think any of the details relate to the texture properties of the of, only its position, size etc. if you use the 3d view>export to obj function, after choose where to save it, you will see 2 files, a .obj and a .mtl... it is the .mtl file
you would need to modify.
Mike
[Jul 9, 2019, 8:23:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MichaelN

OK, I understand the issue... The see-through-option only works on walls. And I designed my roof as a kind of furniture. So I think I need a cut out in my window-furniture?
[Jul 9, 2019, 8:26:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

export your velux....import as window... put a tick in the checkbox during the import..... create you wall.. position your velux.... export wall and velux....import....tilt....
Like this
[Jul 9, 2019, 8:49:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MichaelN

so simple...
[Jul 9, 2019, 8:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

it is once you have done it a few times wink
[Jul 9, 2019, 9:14:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

If you still have difficulty with your velux HERE is a copy of the sh3d file i created my, fairly basic version, there are 2 groups, you can rotate 1 so it appears open or closed, before exporting it to create your window.
Should you use it, bare in mind it will need the depth changing after positioning it in a wall.
Mike
[Jul 9, 2019, 9:31:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved