Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2440 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
forumuser1234567890

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
GPU Utilization to 100%

Just updated and started using the program again after about a year off. Now, when I try to modify a wall or even go to program preferences, my GPU pegs at 100% and the system slows to a crawl. CPU is fine, it's just the GPU that spikes.

Windows 10 x64
GeForce GT 740 on the latest driver (431.36)

Anyone have any suggestions?
[Jul 17, 2019, 6:24:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: GPU Utilization to 100%

Welcome on the forum.
Did you install Sweet Home 3D in 32 or 64 bit (see About dialog box)? Could you try with an older version like 5.7?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 17, 2019, 10:34:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
forumuser1234567890

United States

64 bit. I actually ended up purchasing the Microsoft app version after having issues with the one offered on Sourceforge - both have issues.

I just tried the older version and it spikes to 90%, but not 100%

Seems there's a bit of an issue there as well for me.

The spikes below start when drawing one wall and simply moving the pointer across the screen. The 90% level is sustained I opened the Modify Wall dialog.

[Jul 18, 2019, 1:20:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could you check how the program behaves if you don't use the 3D view (hide it with the separator between the plan and the 3D view, save the file, close it and reopen it)?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 18, 2019, 12:36:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
forumuser1234567890

United States

That seemed to do it. I slid the separator all the way down to hide the 3D view. The moment I saved the file, it released the GPU.

Thanks for the help!
[Jul 18, 2019, 2:07:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved