Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10498 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
AlbrechtL

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New features for 2D planning (e.g. electric installation) - prototyp available

Hi guys,

For my house planing I'm using this great application (thanks Emmanuel!). It is working very fine for walls and furniture. But for the electric installation planing it is not really going smooth. I used the electric symbols by Dorin (thanks!) and adapt it a little bit to my needs [1].

While planing the electric installation I missed the following features:

• Text and polyline are only part of the base plan
    I'm using the polylines and text to comment the 2D symbols. To avoid to move the walls by accident I locked the base. But then it is not possible to move the text and the polylines anymore.
  • Possibility to lock a level
    By default it is only possible to lock the base plan. For the electric symbols I used an extra level and I would like to lock all other levels to avoid to move furniture by accident.
  • Draw object from a higher level always on top of the level beneath
    SweetHome3D draws the objects at the same level heigh in the order of height. The 2D electric symbols are usually placed at a lower position e.g. a socket. But if there is furniture placed at the same position then the symbol is not visible because it is lower then the furniture. A great solution is to put all symbols into one level and always draw the symbols at this level over all other furniture objects.

Since I'm a developer I implemented all these features to make the electric installation plan. You can check the code changes in [2]. For those who want to try it without recompiling there is a JAR file in [3].

It would be nice to discuss these features and to have it inside the official SweetHome3D release.
Feel free to comment it!

Al

Ps. I already started a thread in [4] but there was not feedback there. So I try it again.

[1] https://github.com/AlbrechtL/Symbols-electrical-de
[2] https://github.com/AlbrechtL/SweetHome3D/commits/master
[3] https://github.com/AlbrechtL/SweetHome3D/releases/tag/V20190611
[4] http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,9500
[Jul 18, 2019, 9:06:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Re: New features for 2D planning (e.g. electric installation) - prototyp available

It's an good option to lock levels with all the items not only the base plan.
I use the same strategy (separate level) for emergency 2D symbols.
I've try Your modified version but I need more exercise or more indications on how it work.
Suggestion: add an contextual entry under level tab to lock/unlock current level or all levels except current.
About the view of 2D symbols in plan:
-I've set the elevation to 10cm BUT could be elevated how high You want.
-Wile are symbols and appear only in 2D plan they can not be used like 3D objects. On my apartment I have plugs and switch at the same x&y but at different z.
Is useless to overlap this symbols because I can distinguish nothing.
-You can select all, Ctrl+x, Ctrl+v in the same place and will appear over other furniture. The last inserted is the first view.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 24, 2019, 8:13:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlbrechtL

Germany
Re: New features for 2D planning (e.g. electric installation) - prototyp available

@Dorin thanks for testing. Here are some screenshots where you can see how it works.

to 1.
Even when the base plan is locked it is possible to edit and move polylines and text.

to 2.
Inside the level settings there is a checkbox "Locked" now. If checked then this level is locked.

to 3.
I use different levels for the 3D furniture and the 2D symbols. All objects inside a level will be always drawn over the other objects. This is independent from the objects z-position.

[Aug 10, 2019, 1:54:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I downloaded the JAR. It shows the SH3D splash screen, but doesn't continue loading the program. I had to restart my computer to get rid of the splash screen, as I couldn't find the process in Task Manager.

Is it possible to make a plugin with these functions? The way you programmed it, you have to make a new version every time SH3D upgrades, or use an old version.

I would like to use it.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 10, 2019, 5:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlbrechtL

Germany

I tested the JAR file under Linux and Windows successfully. Maybe there are some side effects with the Java version.

Regarding a plugin: Just from looking into the source code I don't think that it is possible to implement it as a plugin.
[Aug 24, 2019, 8:31:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Makiese

I tested the JAR file under Linux and Windows successfully. Maybe there are some side effects with the Java version.

Regarding a plugin: Just from looking into the source code I don't think that it is possible to implement it as a plugin.

How can I use your Version?
I can't find a final setup, or a jar file in your github archiv.

I use the electrical symbols for my drawing, but it actually in my version it is not possible to lock the layer and to have a nice coloring for the symbols.

[img]https://www.minpic.de/t/b0g5/icqtr[/img]

I need your help. Please!
[Sep 27, 2020, 6:24:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved