Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5083 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Lobo0953

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Bi-fold doors

Hi

I am a very novice user and I am trying to modify a set of bi-fold doors created by PencilArt, which are in the latest Contributions.shf

Currently, these doors have small panes in them and I would like them to be single panes of glass.

Eventually, I'd also like to have a 3 door version but that's less important.

How do I go about this? I have the Furniture Library Editor but I cannot see how to remove the panes...

Thanks in advance
[Jul 28, 2019, 11:41:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Bi-fold doors

To modify a model you need 3D-modelling software.
The Library Editor is suited only to make libraries, not to do 3D-modelling.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 29, 2019, 9:10:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

I need something to do. I'll knock one up for you.
[Jul 30, 2019, 12:46:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

See if this fits the bill

I tried putting it into a library file which might work.
AccordionFoldGlassDoors.sh3f

Failing that, you can import the Object files;

accordionFoldGlassDoors.obj
and
accordionFoldGlassDoors.mtl

Credits to PencilArt and eTeks for prior work.

Regards,

Jay
[Jul 30, 2019, 2:20:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Jay,

Nice try with the folding doors.
Unfortunately, when you insert the doors into a wall, the doors disappear into the wall as well.

Also, could you split the model into more groups, so that more individual parts can get their own colour/texture? Suggestion: doors, handles, bottom rail, 3-sided frame, glass. It would make the model more realistic.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jul 30, 2019, 6:05:53 AM]
[Jul 30, 2019, 6:01:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

I just deleted the framing elements that divided the glass panes and added a door handle. Everything else is identical to the original properties. Makes no sense why it wouldn't fit the wall. I must have changed the origin at some point.

As for your other requests.... that will take it from a minor edit to a new model, so maybe.

Probably do it when I get frustrated writing my staircase plugin so chances are good.

Jay
[Jul 30, 2019, 2:53:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia

Just checked. The origin is the same as the original model.
*shrugs* No idea why it no working
[Jul 30, 2019, 3:01:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Maybe You could tray this Accordion Folding Doors library.
I've try to make it as Hansmex sugest.
When we will have hinge_on_rail and some glue between parts could be made more complex.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jul 31, 2019, 9:37:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Very Nice!! Thank you.
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 31, 2019, 12:53:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Just throwing in an observation on the subject of bi-folding doors, I noticed whilst rendering with the doors open that the rendering really slowed down in areas where the rays would be traveling through multiple layers of glass.

I did not see this as a problem more just an interesting observation that ray tracing has a lot more work to do in this scenario, I guess with reflection and refraction going on the number of child rays of parent rays shoots up a fair amount.
[Aug 2, 2019, 8:50:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved