Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16196 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Bubblobill

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Streets and Roads

Check out the mini-golf holes . The same principle applies.
[Aug 3, 2019, 4:08:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KitchM

@bdfd, please supply a link to your projects. I don't know where your examples are.

Also, everyone, I cannot see the pavement texture with the dotted line anywhere but on my button bar. However, when I select it, nothing happens and I cannot add it to the item I'm editing.
[Aug 4, 2019, 8:15:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

KitchM, draw a line before with Create Polylines tool.
[Aug 4, 2019, 8:41:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

You could download the latest library files, version 1.7 i think. it contains road lines
or
apply the gray pavement texture then draw walls where you want lines, 100 mm wide 2mm high color both sides white
[Aug 4, 2019, 8:49:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KitchM

Okay, please help me clarify this. If I am creating a road or a driveway, is it a room, a series of walls or a set of polylines?
[Aug 4, 2019, 9:20:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

The room you create will actually end up being your road or driveway. poly lines do not show up in the 3d view and i am not sure if they print, all you need is a room, walls may help you to create the room, but then they can be deleted
[Aug 4, 2019, 10:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KitchM

Okay. So I create a room. Let's say it is a rectangle. I therefore see a rectangle shaded with grey inside.

Next I would add arcs to create a curve to my "room". Where and how is it exactly that I create an arc?
[Aug 4, 2019, 10:37:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Polyline is only for the dotted lines. They can be visible in 3D if you choose the option.
If you want a curved street, you have to draw walls before, curve them, then create a room into the joined walls and remove walls. Then apply a texture to the room.
If you need rectangular street, use only Create rooms tool the apply a texture.
[Aug 5, 2019, 1:03:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KitchM

Good so far. Now how do I turn the walls into a room?
[Aug 5, 2019, 2:24:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

You can not turn the walls inti rooms.
You should use the walls to define the perimeter of the room you want to create, to "draw" the shape of the room.
Once you have done that, you can choose the room tool and double click into that shape and your room will automaticly be created.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 5, 2019, 4:53:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved