Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1955 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
MrRule

Belgium
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to reuse textures from furniture in the library

Hi, I was wondering if it is allowed and possible to reuse a texture used on a piece of furniture in the free library and apply it to an other piece of furniture.
I've found how I can change textures on a piece of furniture. And how I can import textures. But I'd like to use one of the textures from one model on an other model to have them look alike.

Is this possible and allowed? And how would I do it?

Thanks for any help offered!
[Aug 3, 2019, 5:53:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: How to reuse textures from furniture in the library

As far as i know all the items in the library are free to use however you wish, this would include the textures.
Drag the item from the library onto your 2d window, select modify, select the part you wish to copy the texture from, in the small window ,top right, its texture will be displayed, left click on it.
Select the object you wish to apply the texture to, modify, select the part you want to modify, choose texture, you will see a row of textures along the bottom of the window, the one on the left should be the one you want to apply
[Aug 4, 2019, 6:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MrRule

Belgium

That worked perfectly! It still doesn't show in the list of "available textures", but indeed it shows up in the list of "last used textures".

Thanks a lot for the help!
[Aug 6, 2019, 7:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Glad that helped, have you downloaded and installed the 2 texture library files from the top of THIS page, because you should have been able to see "available textures" in the left hand pane above the last used strip.
[Aug 6, 2019, 9:11:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved