Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29282 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Doors made in Blender

A friend of mine made a very nice door in Blender. I told him to submit it for SH3D. He was able to export it as an .obj but I'm unsure about the glass parts of the doors. My friend was unable to rename the glass parts as sweethome3d_window_pane like I was instructed to do. The .obj that Blender creates is quite different.

How would my friend make the window parts of the door transparent for SH3D?

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Feb 29, 2008, 9:39:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Doors made in Blender

After doing some research,

I looked at this: http://sweethome3d.sourceforge.net/fr/creerMeubleSweetHome3D.pdf It's in French but there are many good screenshots that you can go by. Skip down to page 40 and see if you can at least get some understanding of what is being done by looking at the photos. I also used AltaVista's translator (http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn) to figure out the text.

This is what I had to do then:
In any text editor, change the lines that start with o, to g and then change the part name to something like, cube or cube_1 or if it's a plane then just plane or plane_1 or plane_2, etc. Rename all intended window parts to "sweethome3d_window_pane" (no quote marks)

While still in your text editor:
In the "usemtl" part, replace the material info with just a color name like, "lighttan" or if it's a window, "flltgrey". lighttan makes a pleasing dark wood look.

So it would be:
g sweethome3d_window_pane
usemtl flltgrey

or:
g Cube_6
usemtl lighttan

[Mar 4, 2008, 5:22:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved