Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2991 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
hudtwalcker

Peru
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Issue with Imported furniture gone from library after use HELP !! PLEASE !!

So, I know how to import furniture and use it, both Collada files and KMZ files are working fine for me, I import and it the piece of furniture shows up on my floor plan and I use it, perfect, BUT I just recently noticed that all the furniture I have manually imported piece by piece is nowhere to be found in the library !! I mean it's there on my project, it "exists" in my floor plan and 3d view and in my list on the left bottom corner, but if I wanna add another of the same object, I can't find it anywhere, I can only see in my library all the original furniture plus the imported furniture libraries you can download from the download page, but all the individual furniture pieces are nowhere to be found.
By the way, I've been downloading the files to the desktop, importing them with SH3D and then deleting them, could that be the issue ? Should I have created a folder to keep all the files ? Collada files are all named model.dae, so obviously you can't keep more than one per folder, any help guys ??
[Aug 11, 2019, 3:35:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Issue with Imported furniture gone from library after use HELP !! PLEASE !!

As long as they are in your project you can still get them into your library, export them, 1 at a time, import it, during the import process make sure the box is checked to add to library, name the object, choose a folder to add it to, existing or create 1, i save mine to a folder called "mine", original eh. All this is done very simply during the import process.
There is also a "copy as new furniture" tool,never figured what that does.
[Aug 11, 2019, 4:19:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should have kept the models you imported somewhere, but it's not because you deleted them on your desktop that they won't appear in your catalog anymore. Imported 3D models are copied in private folders, and then in each project where you them.
If you use Sweet Home 3D on another computer or under another account, the imported models won't appear in the catalog anymore there. If it's not the case, the private folder where imported items are stored depends on your operating system as explained here. Could you check what files it contains? If it contains only a file named preferences.xml, I fear that you lost them.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 11, 2019, 4:21:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hudtwalcker

Peru

Thank you very much, I will try that and YES, I do remember that many of them, most of them actually I just didn't bother with naming or checking anything on that last screen before the actual "adding" of the object finished, great input, thnx !
[Aug 12, 2019, 5:18:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hudtwalcker

Peru

Great help guys, and thank you for the input, will try these ideas and give feedback, cheers !
[Aug 12, 2019, 5:19:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hudtwalcker

Peru

As long as they are in your project you can still get them into your library, export them, 1 at a time, import it, during the import process make sure the box is checked to add to library, name the object, choose a folder to add it to, existing or create 1, i save mine to a folder called "mine", original eh. All this is done very simply during the import process.
There is also a "copy as new furniture" tool,never figured what that does.

Sorry, one dumb question, how do I export furniture ? Do I select it on the list (bottom left) and export it as CVS format or do I select something that is on the floor plan and export it as SVG Format ?
[Aug 12, 2019, 5:27:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Go to 3D view last option in the drop down is export
Go to furniture for the option to import
[Aug 12, 2019, 9:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved