Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5153 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
headfire

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Virtual visitor keyboard controls

Hello Sweet Home 3d developer/s,

Thanks for creating this software and for making it open source. I was astonished when I looked at the cleanliness of good structure of the code.

I would like to implement a feature which makes it easier and smoother to move around with the keyboard in "Virtual visit" mode. It should be possible to moe aounrd like in an FPS game (but without collision detection and without mouse controls). This feature request comes closest to what I would like to achieve.

Before I start, I would like to ask some questions:

1. Have I missed an easy way to control the virtual visitor? It seems to me that it moves quite slow and that some parameters, e.g. head angle and body angle cannot be controlled with the keyboard. Is that correct?

2. Is this a complicated feature to implement? I just ask because I guess if it was easy it had been already done by developer, who seems to be very professional and and an excellent developer (telling from the code structure).

3. Where to start with the implementation? I would be grateful if someone could shortly sketch out which classes to adapt and how the solution would look like. I already looked at the source code several times but could not figure out exactly where to change the controls and the movement of the virtual visitor.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Kevin
[Aug 23, 2019, 6:20:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waleedfahmy

Egypt
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Virtual visitor keyboard controls

Hello Kevin . You can use pgup and pgdn for tilting angle up and down, home and end keys to increase and decrease elevation of virtual visitor .
I hope if my reply helps.
Regards
[Aug 24, 2019, 3:13:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved