Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3359 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Nauthiz

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused 3D modeling of door - a couple of questions

So, long story short: three weeks ago I found this wonderful software, I made my future apartment, got a crick in my neck, made my current apartment, went on a binge shopping for free 3D models... And then I discovered you can have opening doors and drawers! I was no longer satisfied. I installed Blender for the first time in my life.

After a lot of trial and error I managed to model a quite nice and unnecessarily detailed door. It works properly, but I have a couple of minor issues with it:

- the door doesn't draw a door symbol in the 2D plan. Is there something special I should add to the OBJ file to achieve that?

- this particular door has a doorframe thicker than the wall. But the default behavior is to squish the whole object to the wall thickness. How to block that? I noticed that some doors from the catalog stay in their original size without adjusting.

- the doorleaf is connected to one side of the doorframe. In order to have the doorframe centered on the wall I added a dummy part which compensates for the doorleaf and handle thickness on the other side. So now I after I put the door into the plan, I have to edit it and change the size to the original and change the dummy to be invisible.

So everything works, but I'm surely missing something...
[Sep 11, 2019, 11:25:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3D modeling of door - a couple of questions

Please read this thread.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 14, 2019, 6:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved