Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3163 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
gwp406101

Wales
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Exporting from Poser into Sweethome 3D

I have created a model in Poser and was wondering if there is any way to export it into sweethome3D so I can place it into my 3d plan.

If anyone has any knowledge on this subject it would be a great help.

Many Thanks. smile
[Sep 20, 2019, 10:17:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Re: Exporting from Poser into Sweethome 3D

I have been doing this for some years, and have found a method that works:

First of all: Make a new directory for the export.
Then export a Collada file (dae ),using the default mode. Be sure to select the preset:default . Left unchecked, Poser will most likely crash.

After exporting the dae , export an obj file, into the same directory.

Importing the .obj file to SH3D, the textures will be "sort of" correct.
You will most likely have to edit the eyelashes of human models, replacing white with transparent.
If you're lucky, the body part names will be displayed correctly in the Modify furniture window, but don't count on it. Poser is a great piece of software, but it sometimes performs a bit unpredictable when exporting files.

The dae export creates all the textures, so you can create various poses and save only the .obj file to the same directory and re-use the textures.

If this doesn't work the first time, try again.

AND BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR POSER PROJECT PRIOR TO EXPORTING!

Courage!

Cec
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Sep 20, 2019, 7:23:01 PM]
[Sep 20, 2019, 7:20:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Re: Exporting from Poser into Sweethome 3D

Just mentioning:
If you are patient and willing to experiment, there should be a possibility to use" hinging" to change the posing of a character in SH3D. I have spent some days trying to make it work, but so far I have not had much luck.

I have not given up though – just given it a rest.

Cec
[Sep 20, 2019, 7:33:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved