Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1435 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
MichaelN

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to design a bathroom?

I have an issue to design the walls of the bathroom.
I want different types of tiles on different areas of the room and also in different heights.
If I use a texture on the wall, the texture is in correct dimension, but just for the complete wall. And - in case of a "front wall" ( Vorbauwand) I want also a texture on the top of the wall, what is impossible.

If I use a box instead of the wall, I have the issue, that the texture of the tile is expand on the complete front of the box, not in the right dimension. For example the tile is 60x30cm, but the box ist 100x80cm, than the box shows just one tile. It works in a different ways than the textures on walls.

How do you make such a design like this
[Sep 22, 2019, 11:05:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waleedfahmy

Egypt
Re: How to design a bathroom?

I had the same problem that there is no separations between imported tiles so it looks as one piece and I solved editing the tile texture image in photo editing software by adding a thin border around it .
for separating two parts of a wall horizontally use baseboard with the height you want and smallest available thickness (0.001 m) and for separating vertically divide the wall into two walls .
[Sep 22, 2019, 3:12:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MichaelN

The baseboard... thats a good trick! THX!
[Sep 22, 2019, 4:54:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waleedfahmy

Egypt

You are welcome :)
[Sep 22, 2019, 7:37:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MichaelN

Too sad - it doesn't work for sloping walls
[Sep 23, 2019, 7:40:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waleedfahmy

Egypt

Hi Michael
it is working for sloping wall but the baseboard will be horizontal not sloping , do you mean you want the baseboard the same slope as wall ?
[Sep 24, 2019, 12:01:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved