Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31837 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Ripper

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Create own SH3F file

Hello,
I'm interested in creating my own SH3F file (3D model library). I was wondering, is there some easy tool to help me create it? Or do I have to create it by hand? Furthermore, is there some format description of SH3F? I haven't found any.

And second question, does SweetHome3D have some capability to automatically load custom SH3F file on program start? I don't mean from user directory (~/.eteks/sweethome3d/furniture), but from program directory. Eg. from some 'furniture' subdirectory from directory with extracted program files.

Thanks.
Kamil Páral

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Jun 9, 2008, 3:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ripper

Re: Create own SH3F file

Nevermind, not neccessary anymore.

[Jun 28, 2008, 5:56:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

From version 1.5, you can create a SH3F file containing the furniture imported in Sweet Home 3D catalog with the plug-in available at http://sweethome3d.eu/plugins/ExportToSH3F-1.0.sh3p .
Once you downloaded this plug-in, copy it in the plug-ins folder of Sweet Home 3D, which depends on your system as follows:
- under Windows, this folder is C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins,
- under Mac OS X, it's the subfolder Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/plugins of your user folder,
- under Linux and other Unix, it's the subfolder .eteks/sweethome3d/plugins of your user folder.

Relaunch Sweet Home 3D, and you'll see the new menu item "Export imported furniture to SH3F..." in Furniture menu. At this time this will work, only if you installed Sweet Home 3D 1.5 with its installers. If you installed it with Java Web Start, it may not work for security reasons and you'll have to download the installer.

About your second question, if you want to add some furniture to the program, the easiest way is to generate a SH3F file with the aforementioned plug-in, rename its PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties entry as com/eteks/sweethome3d/io/AdditionalFurnitureCatalog.properties, and add the modified SH3F file to the classpath of Sweet Home 3D.

!!!Caution!!!
Take care of the license of the models you export to a SH3F file. Almost all free models can't be redistributed, and the fact that Sweet Home 3D is free doesn't change anything to that. That's the reason why I had to create some models for the first versions of Sweet Home 3D!

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 20, 2008, 12:23:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jore

Exelente plug-in will help us a lot!
thank you
[May 25, 2015, 4:10:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved