Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14044 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
rexkogitans

Austria
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Balcony Railing

How to draw a balcony railing?

I have tested with two different concept, none of them with success.

First I wanted to draw with some kind of repeating pattern. This pattern needs to be transparent between the columns and the top of the railing. There is none in the standard textures, and I did not pursue the idea.

The second approach were those fences and railings provided as furnitures. They have the backdraw that they cannot be expanded (otherwise the railing gets stretched rathen than prolonged). Concatinating several of them would still imply that I have to cut the last one, which is not possible.

So, my question is: How can I draw a balcony railing correctly?
[Nov 3, 2019, 8:37:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Balcony Railing

I would suggest using THIS plug-in developed by Dorin, its excellent. With it you can create your own railing, horizontal and angled, all matching.
[Nov 3, 2019, 10:10:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rexkogitans

Austria

Several weeks later, I found time to try. Starting it, I get a Java runtime error when clicking on the menu item:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Preconditions.java:64)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Preconditions.java:70)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Preconditions.java:248)
at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Objects.java:373)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:425)
[...]

[Nov 24, 2019, 8:37:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rexkogitans

Austria

I forgot to mention my Java version:

$ java --version
openjdk 13.0.1 2019-10-15
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 13.0.1+9)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 13.0.1+9, mixed mode)

[Nov 25, 2019, 8:15:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DanielJ

Australia

Beautiful plugin! Without it, I was so tormented. Oh, now it's convenient, so glad!
[Nov 26, 2019, 3:38:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@rexkogitans
Your both post are useful for me:
1. I've test again and in some circumstances I've receive some errors.
I'll see what I can do BUT it still working IF You follow the indications from the plugin post.

2. Show me You use the repository version with java 13.
Not only my plugin don't work but a lot of other functions more or less visible will fail.
So, FORGET REPOSITORY VERSION !!!!!
Install locally the version from the download page of this site which came with their java 8 and try again.

PS. For other observations about plugins please post on the corresponding plugin page.
It's hard for me to follow all the posts on all the treads.
Thanks!!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 26, 2019, 7:30:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rexkogitans

Austria

@dorin Now I got it. The Paste Special feature works. I drew the balcony railing by a repetition of green posts of 2 cm time 5 cm, and 100 cm in height, and lay a railing on top of it. For the repetition, I used your plugin.

Thanks!
[Nov 26, 2019, 9:18:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved