Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5261 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Mik_Clarke

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ummm.

Someone recommended this program to me today. Having just tried it, I must say I'm somewhat disappointed. I have been using another free program - envisioneer express - and I'm sadly underwhelmed by what sweethome has to offer by way of comparison.

Can I suggest you download it and give it a try if you're looking for inspiration about what to add?

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Sep 6, 2008, 3:32:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Ummm.

Like any product, some people like Sweet Home 3D, some don't. ;-)
Please give us the list of feature you missed compared to the feature the other person didn't miss.

By the way, note that users gave already a lot of idea. See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=784668&...id=152568&func=browse ;-)

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 6, 2008, 3:58:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Chuck_Baker

FYI: As an addendum, "Envisioneer Express" is a 165 MB download, as compared to "Sweet Home 3D 1.4" at 25.5 MB.

[Oct 27, 2008, 2:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ralf_Naujokat

And worst of all, "Envisioneer Express" is Windows only :-((

[Jan 20, 2009, 2:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
voldan

Actually I have tried envioneer express (before sweet home) and quickly discarded it. It is a nice program and has some nice features (e.g. curving walls, support for multiple floors, a rich types library (exterior vs. interior walls, many types of doors and windows, capability to partition rooms and more), filters as to what you can see and more.
The problem with it is that various very basic capabilities are missing (probably available only on the paid version). Some examples include: after you make a wall, you cannot see its properties and modify them, you need to do it visually only which is kind of annoying if you want for example to make a wall of a grid with a certain length, furniture can snap into the grid but doors and windows do not become "part" of the wall automatically, you can't add a view of the measurements. Beyond that I didn't really bother checking it out.
I believe that in the long run, the missing features will be added to sweet home but envisioneer will probably not add the missing features too quickly to its free version (after all its just a hook to make you buy the more expensive versions).
[Dec 2, 2009, 1:02:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved