Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1465 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
BohoRex

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Through-Wall applieances

I am designing a small cabin, and plan for cooling is to use an off-the-shelf air conditioning window unit - framed into a wall instead of mounted in a window.

Is there a way to edit an item of furniture (3D object import) so that it can be mounted **through** a wall (just as a window or doorway is placed onto a wall) ?

I imported the closest thing I could find - a bathroom fan from the 3D models listing - however, it wants to be placed wither completely inside a wall or completely outside of a wall. I need it to go through the wall. I'm certain there's a setting somewhere - but I'm just not finding it yet.

Thanks,
BohoRex
[Nov 24, 2019, 10:35:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Through-Wall applieances

You can move objects anywhere on the plan with keyboard arrows or with disabled magnetism. See help to learn how to disable magnetism.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 25, 2019, 10:33:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BohoRex

US

Thank you! That was way too easy! (once the method was pointed out to me). Arrow keys did the trick. I'll investigate the other method later.
[Nov 26, 2019, 5:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Don't wait too long! wink
Magnetism is useful for many other things as explained in this video.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 26, 2019, 12:25:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BohoRex

US

A great set of video tutorials to binge-watch!
[Nov 26, 2019, 4:16:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved