Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9657 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
hobbyrv

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
import sketch up design

Is it possible to import a complete design in Sketch Up Pro into sweethome3d? And if so, how?
I need it to combine one-off a design in sweethome3d with 1 in sketchup.
[Dec 9, 2019, 3:22:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: import sketch up design

You could export your Sketchup design to DAE format, and import it as a piece of furniture. But this won't be very handy to place furniture along walls.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 9, 2019, 4:42:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

For walls I sometimes use forms, will it hen be possible to place furniture? And can I adjust furniture and structures in it, after importing it to sh3d? Will design and objects look the same?
Thank you in advance.
[Dec 9, 2019, 4:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It's not a problem about how it will look like. Your house model at DAE / Collada format will be imported correctly in Sweet Home 3D.
It's a problem about ergonomics. Sweet Home 3D is designed to easily draw walls, place windows into walls and place furniture along walls on the floor of a room. As the notion of "wall" doesn't exist in an imported DAE file (and even in Sketchup as far as I know), you won't benefit of Sweet Home 3D features bound to walls and rooms with your imported model.
I would suggest you try to draw a simple house with Sweet Home 3D reading its user's guide or viewing some tutorials. Then try to import some existing houses from Trimble 3D Warehouse and you should quickly understand that arranging furniture in an imported house is far less handy than in a house which walls are drawn in Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 9, 2019, 8:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hobbyrv

I tried to an existing house from trimble, but then it is just a picture. Or is there another way?
Do you know if the other way around is possible, that a sh3d design can be imported in the sketch up design from my collegue, one-off?
[Dec 10, 2019, 12:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved