Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2651 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Cannoloz

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Ram allocation for SH3D

Hi,
I'm creating 2 different projects on 2 different computers.
One of the computers is a bit old, the other is almost new, both are desktop.

In the old computer (with Windows10 home 64 bit) it seems that I can't set more than -Xmx1000m in the file sweethome3d.i4j because if I give any value over 1000 the program can't start any project.
This computer has 16Gb RAM.

In the new computer (with Windows 10 pro 64 bit), setting -Xmx8000m any project can start whithout any problem but the memory given for the program is no more than 5,5Gb RAM. The rest is simply not allocated.
This computer has 16Gb RAM too.

Can someone tell me why is this happening?
I think that if the old one can allocate at least 4Gb RAM on the project it could be faster and not so slow as it is actually.
Am I wrong?
Grazie.
[Dec 29, 2019, 12:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Ram allocation for SH3D

No idea if that has any influence, but try to set the values in GB not in MB: -Xmx8g.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Dec 29, 2019, 3:53:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cannoloz

Italia

Isn't it the same?
[Dec 29, 2019, 9:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I would suspect that you installed Sweet Home 3D 32 bit (the default architecture under Windows 10 64 bit). Check the About dialog box and if it’s the case, run again the installer, selecting the 64 bit architecture in the screen that lets you choose the installation folder.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 29, 2019, 9:47:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cannoloz

Italia

...and the winner is...you love struck
The looser is...me, obviously sad

You were right, the version in the old computer is 32bit, thst's the motiv of the problem.

So, now I ask something more: if I uninstall SH3D from an hard disk and install it in another one, do I loose al libraries and stuffs that I downloaded before? Ho can I recover all of them?

And how can I quote a message here in the forum? thinking
[Dec 30, 2019, 5:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Uninstalling Sweet Home 3D won't discard the furniture and textures you imported on a computer, but the imported stuff won't move to the other computer without your help!
See this post for more information about the folder to copy.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 2, 2020, 11:57:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Cannoloz

Italia

Tnx a lot, excellent suggestion smile
[Apr 12, 2020, 4:56:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved