Print at May 28, 2022, 8:10:52 AM

Posted by Puybaret at Nov 18, 2015, 9:35:36 AM
Re: Suddenly, huge file size...
Sorry for this problem. It's not the first I see it and wonder how it can happen. A copy/paste operation between files could be a possible track, but I didn't succeed to reproduce this "recursion" issue after new attempts.

For your information,
- The recovery folder is the place where a copy of the edited home is automatically saved in a file with a .recovered extension, each time the delay set in Save home data for recovery every preference expires. When you quit normally Sweet Home 3D, the .recovered files in that folder are deleted. So these files are kept only if the program crashes.
Each time the program is launched, it reads and opens the .recovered files in that folder to let the user recover his recent changes after a crash. But sometimes the automatically saved file is incorrect and it can't be reopened. To avoid trying to open a wrong .recovered file at each launch, it's renamed with the .unrecoverable extension. There are very few changes that this file can be used, but who knows?
- The ContentDigests entry in a .sh3d file gives the SHA-1-Digest value of every entry of the .sh3d file used by Sweet Home 3D. This value is used to quickly check whether an entry is correct or not. So if you edit an entry in the .sh3d zipped file, Sweet Home 3D will think the file isn't correct anymore. I didn't program this feature to avoid users to manually edit an .sh3d file of course, but to check if an error on the disk didn't happen and inform the user accordingly. If you want to bypass this data integrity check, just remove the ContentDigests entry of a .sh3d file before opening it with Sweet Home 3D.

As you can see, I pay a lot of attention to users .sh3d files. wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer