Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2963 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
david_now

uk
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to create A3 sized PDF file without an A3 printer

Hi,
New user here.

Is it possible to create an A3 sized PDF file when the only physical printer I have is A4.

I would like to send the A3 file to a 3rd party.

Thanks
[Jun 26, 2020, 3:24:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to create A3 sized PDF file without an A3 printer

Install a PDF printer driver. (Windows 10 already has a standard one.) Print to that "printer".

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 27, 2020, 9:23:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
david_now

uk

Thanks. I should have said that I'm using a Mac. Is it possible there ?
[Jun 28, 2020, 2:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I should have said that I'm using a Mac. Is it possible there ?

On the Mac any PDF you create is zoomable without loosing quality.
I have an A4 printer, and my builder has printed a perfect A2 from my PDF.

Xiste
[Jun 28, 2020, 3:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BiBaZe

Although the post is quite old I want to share my solution for printing in different formats like A0/A1/A3/etc.:

So it seems like the available printing formats in the page setup of SH3D are linked to the supported formats of the default printer set in your operating system (e.g. Windows).

After I changed my default printer in the windows settings from the physical printer to an installed PDF printer (PDFCreator) and restartet SH3D I was able to choose between all formats the PDF printer supports in the page setup of SH3D. Hopefully this also will work for Mac :-).
[Apr 28, 2022, 10:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved