Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8035 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Eggie

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Uploading my own models from Tinkercad and Blender to Sweet Home 3D

I have created my own 3D model with Tinkercad, and I exported it as an OBJ file, but the furniture import wizard refuses to let me import it. I also tried to copy it to Blender and export it as an OBJ and later import it to Sweet Home 3D, but that didn't work either. Can someone please tell me how to import an OBJ model from Tinkercad or Blender into Sweet Home 3D with a Mac? I would really appreciate an answer soon, since I need to have the answer so that I can continue on with my school project. A step-by-step explanation would be nice.

Thank you!
[Sep 22, 2020, 7:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Uploading my own models from Tinkercad and Blender to Sweet Home 3D

Difficult to say without the failing OBJ + MTL files.
You should first check if the OBJ file can be imported by moving the MTL file elsewhere. If it works, it’s probably a parameter in the MTL file that should be removed.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 25, 2020, 9:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
garphil

France

Just open the MTL and remove the line
"illum 0.0"

then it works at least for me ;)
[Aug 28, 2022, 4:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

illum is supposed to be followed by an integer not a decimal number.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 28, 2022, 9:24:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KelvinUceta

Belgium

Hi,

I guess you've already graduated in the meantime laughing but maybe could help others having the same issue, here is what could cause that behavior in Blender at least.

Top Menu > File > Export > Wavefront (.obj)

You MOST enable "Selection Only" otherwise you will be exporting the entire scene that's doesn't seems to be compatible with SH3D.

Dubito, ergo sum

Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS
CPU: Core i9-12900K
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ghz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6G
3D: SH3D 6.6.1 and Blender
[Nov 27, 2022, 10:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved