Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35891 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
henrisson

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Freezing in SH3D and Furniture Editor importing models

Looks like it's working for me (Intel Mac). Thanks!!!
[Apr 29, 2021, 2:02:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your test. So the problem probably comes from JOGL 2.4.0 or the way to use it.
Could you also try the version 6.5.2a [edit: removed link] where I made a small change (this version will run natively on Mac M1)?

Hope to read the results of the tests of other users too. Please, give some feedback because I still didn't find any way to reproduce this issue.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Aug 10, 2022, 11:53:51 AM]
[Apr 30, 2021, 4:19:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
henrisson

United States

6.5.2a crashes on furniture import.
[May 2, 2021, 5:22:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sb0373

Germany

Same for CentOS 8.

$ /opt/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2
Java 3D: implicit antialiasing enabled
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fc37e3c0ee9, pid=121542, tid=0x00007fc35a3be700
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_202-b08) (build 1.8.0_202-b08)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.202-b08 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libawt_xawt.so+0x45ee9] ReadRegionsInList.constprop.5+0x4e9
#
# Core dump written. Default location: /opt/core or core.121542
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/hs_err_pid121542.log
#

Importing a furniture library works. Importing just a furniture piece fauls.
[May 5, 2021, 6:06:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sb0373

Germany

Sorry, that is the 6.5.2 version, not 6.5.2a
[May 5, 2021, 6:09:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sb0373

Germany

Actually workaround for me is to use the jar version, import the furniture and then you can use it in the bundled version.
[May 5, 2021, 6:32:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I released yesterday a Mac App Store version 6.5.5 that should fix the issues that some of you recently encountered on Mac Intel. This version is bundled with Oracle Java 8.0_202 and JOGL 2.3.2 for x86_64 architecture and Zulu OpenJDK 15.0.2 and JOGL 2.4.0 RC 20210110 for arm64 architecture. I would have preferred to use OpenJDK 15 for both architectures but that prevents from creating a universal application which uses two different versions of JOGL (maybe I'll find another solution).
Users who still have problems under Mac M1 may run the program with Rosetta where the bug shouldn't appear (there's an option for this purpose In the Finder Information dialog box of Sweet Home 3D app).

From the different reports I got, the bug is probably a deadlock due to some changes in JOGL 2.4 required to run with recent macOS toolkit, but as I'm not the developer of this library and moreover, as I never experienced this issue myself, it might take more time to fix it and I preferred to release now this version to reduce the number of hindered users.

I developed a free version bundled with the same Java and JOGL versions too, but as it weights 30 MB more and can't be notarized, I prefer to not distribute it at the moment and in case of problems, I recommend to switch to the version 6.5.2 based on JOGL 2.3.2 (68 MB) that I released a few weeks ago. At least, users of the free version may install the version of their choice which is not the case of the Mac App Store version.
[May 19, 2021, 9:18:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
henrisson

United States

Confirming the app store version isn't crashing anymore.

Many thanks Emmanuel!
[May 24, 2021, 1:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
paepcke

United States

Thank you so much for this fix. I am brand new to SH3D, and was excited yesterday to discover the libraries. Yet like others I encountered the beach ball of death for the application upon importing a .dae model with what I thought was the latest version. Your fix worked.
[Jul 19, 2021, 4:20:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As this issue may still happen in version 6.6, I created a special version 6.6 based on JOGL RC 2.3.2 for the users who encountered it.
This version won't run natively under ARM processors.
[Aug 7, 2021, 7:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved