Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35910 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
sas199

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Freezing in SH3D and Furniture Editor importing models

Unfortunately, almost all commands in the menu bar are disabled in this version. Therefore it makes the app rather unusable.
[Mar 13, 2022, 11:41:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Menu items are enabled according to the currently selection. For example, Modify walls menu item is enabled only if at least one wall is selected.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 13, 2022, 4:11:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could some of you test the Beta version Sweet Home 3D 7.0 to check if this issue still happen? Thanks smile
[Jul 8, 2022, 3:36:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
qinstah

Hi Emmanuel,
I am using version 7.0 (non app store) on a Mac M1 and experience the same issue (app freezes) when importing a .obj model. I've also tried to force the app to run in rosetta mode, did not help.
My current workaround is:
1. Launch older version: SweetHome3D-6.6-macosx-jogl-2.3.2
2. Import .obj model
3. Launch current version - model can be used

Btw:I just wanted to thank you for the app, its so helpful for me right now! I absolutely appreciate the active communication and development as well!
[Jul 26, 2022, 6:42:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As this issue still happens in version 7.0 for some users, I released a special version 7.0.2 based on JOGL RC 2.3.2 for the ones who have problems.
As previously, this version won't run natively under ARM processors and can't be notarized.
[Jul 31, 2022, 7:42:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For your information, I made some tests under macOS 13 Ventura which should be released in the coming days, and Sweet Home 3D versions based on JOGL RC 2.3.2 (like the ones mentioned in this thread) didn't work anymore under this system.
Therefore, if you encounter an issue while importing 3D models and use Sweet Home 3D versions based on JOGL RC 2.3.2 to circumvent it, you shouldn't rush on Ventura.

Trying to reproduce this bug to fix it, I also made some tests on some recent iMac, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro running with an ARM processor under macOS 12.6 and didn't have any problem to import a 3D model on them. I conclude that some interactions with some other software might provoke this bug. Don't hesitate to post any clue which could help.

Finally, I released today a new version 7.0.5 in the Mac App Store which uses JOGL 2.4.0 under Intel and ARM processors to prevent users from being unable to launch Sweet Home 3D under macOS Ventura (version 7.0.3 used JOGL RC 2.3.2 under Intel processors and JOGL 2.4.0 under ARM processors).
[Oct 23, 2022, 7:03:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

A patient macOS user found the application which caused Sweet Home 3D to crash at the second step of furniture import wizard or in the materials modification dialog box.
It's BetterSnapTool and as soon as you stop this program, Sweet Home 3D doesn’t hang anymore. So if you use BetterSnapTool or a similar one like Magnet, Rectangle, Moom... disable them when you want to import a 3D model or modify materials.

Being able to reproduce this bug myself is going to help a lot to fix it. Meanwhile, I'll be happy to read if stopping these tools helped you too.
[Oct 29, 2022, 10:02:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tardyp

France

Hi Emmanuel,

Using SH3D up to date from the app store, on MacOS 12.6.1 with M1 Mac.

I can confirm that this bug is happening when I have Rectangle open, and it disappears when I quit it. \o/

Thanks for your work on this awesome tool!
[Nov 3, 2022, 2:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chinery

Just wanted to confirm that I too was encountering this error on import (M1 Mac Mini and MacBook Air), and disabling BetterTouchTool (just for SH3D, otherwise still running) fixed it. What a strange bug! Thank you for the work and for the fix!
[Nov 17, 2022, 11:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

After some investigations, I found how to really fix the bug which prevented to go beyond the first step of the furniture import wizard when an application like BetterSnapTool or Rectangle is running. You can test it with Sweet Home 3D 7.0.2d which comes with the updated version 2.4.0-rc-20221118 of JOGL library (if interested, see this technical post).
This correction should work from macOS 10.14 to the last macOS version. For older versions, you'll have to quit BetterSnapTool, Rectangle or the like until further notice.
I'm looking forward to reading your tests.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Mar 3, 2023, 8:58:41 PM]
[Nov 18, 2022, 3:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved