Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17115 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Convert to Autocad or DWG or DXF

(Of course, a person who is conversant in Autocad will not want to install SH3D.)
I've read here in the form multiple times where SH3D is used next to Autocad to visualize designs for clients so this is an unfounded remark.

Concerning your format conversion problem: try to use freeCad to import an obj export from SH3D and save it as DXF. I have no idea how well that works but it's worth a try. You might have to do this in parts.
You can also try one of the many online converters but in my experience they don't work too well with full plan exports.
[Jan 16, 2023, 8:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Maybe you have to read this
For me it work between me and other coworkers with AutoCAD or ArchiCAD.
They don't need to install nothing. I send them only the dxf file.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jan 16, 2023, 1:50:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Rolinger

Bosna i Hercegovina

I'll revive the thread since I have a specific workflow that produces extremely good results:
In order to obtain an accurate cross-section or even a floor plan, the following steps must be taken:
1. Export the complete model in *.obj format
2. Import the model into Blender
3. Export the model in DAE format from Blender
4. Load the DAE model into Sketchup
5. Scale the model to obtain the appropriate scale of the model
6. Use Tools->Section plane and set the section plane to the appropriate position
7. Select "section plane" with the right button and select "Create group from section plane"
8. The group of elements created in this way can be moved to appropriate places outside the model and in this way more groups or cross sections can be made
9. Select the groups formed in this way and use the plugin "Export to dxf or dwg"
I use SketchUp Make 2016 for this purpose and things work perfectly.
However, I secretly hope that Puybaret will make a plugin that will enable this procedure directly in SH3D ;-)
Best regards
[May 16, 2023, 9:41:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dweinn

Intriguing exchange on design file conversions here! If anyone's seeking a less circuitous route, the Vector Converter on Converter365 could be your saviour. It swiftly turns your SH3D exports into DXF without any software juggling - maintaining quality while saving you time. Try turning your design dreams into DXF realities in just a few clicks with this "vector converter ". Less hassle, more design power at your fingertips!
[Jul 25, 2023, 12:49:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved