Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 631474 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

Thanks to all.
I forgot to mention that:
The plugin have now the feature to reuse the last saved roof.
Condition: to be the same roof projection(s) without modifications.
Then, when OK, you will be asked to replace or not the existing roof.

@hansmex
I've chose you for this because 10~12 years ago you made a good tutorial about plugins usage.
Many years was a little bible for me.
Wile I've remove help button I intend to add an specific entry under the Help menu (like for wiring and 3D dimensions).
In this case will be good to have some gif.
Thanks for availability!
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 17, 2022, 7:18:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

this project is making me hungry of development... I managed to buy a new PC at home, so when I'll have it setup I'll try to download the code and check if I can understand.
You'll tell me if my help is fine or not, but at least I'll try to understand the code!
Great work to all!
[Dec 19, 2022, 8:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Dorin, no words to express my delight, so nice and usefull tool you made.
You are just damn genius!
[Dec 20, 2022, 10:00:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@crackwood01
We are far from having a "black and white" view from the side, however you can now have a textured side view where you can draw dimension lines. To do this, you can exploit the new feature of the Pan 3D view plugin which enables the parallel projection in 3D view (CTRL+J) and allows to align the camera to the selected object (CTRL+K).
You can then add vertical dimension lines using the 3D dimension lines plugin with the help of a "tracing paper" (i.e. a transparent object where you can draw the dimension lines.)
You can download a tracing paper model of 10x5 meters from here.

Here an example result:

[Dec 22, 2022, 6:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Is there a way to have a console or something while using SH3D

since i've downloaded the latest beta version of the roof generator.

The plugin is no longer working .. when i hit Tools>Generate roof nothing happen anymore
[Dec 27, 2022, 12:46:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

You may use this method. From my experience it works only for error messages, not normal output (any try to redirect the stdout failed). It should be enough for most cases, however if it shouldn't be so, you may try this method.
[Dec 27, 2022, 8:56:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Thank you,

this is the log.txt content after trying to run he roof generator plugin

DynamicPluginLoader: plugin.classpath property not set
Object3DBranchFactory replaced with ExtensibleObject3DFactory
DimensionLineEx3DFactory added successfully
Top camera polyline listener removed!
Wiring3DFactory added successfully
Checking for updates...
Sending usage information...
Top camera polyline listener removed!
View3DEnhancer installed successfully!
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: (minimum <= value <= maximum) is false
at java.desktop/javax.swing.SpinnerNumberModel.<init>(SpinnerNumberModel.java:139)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.NullableSpinner$NullableSpinnerNumberModel.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.NullableSpinner$NullableSpinnerLengthModel.<init>(Unknown Source)
at generateroof.GenerateRoofPlugin.createComponents(GenerateRoofPlugin.java:1148)
at generateroof.GenerateRoofPlugin.generateNewRoof(GenerateRoofPlugin.java:439)
at generateroof.GenerateRoofPlugin.generateRoof(GenerateRoofPlugin.java:278)
at generateroof.GenerateRoofAction.execute(GenerateRoofAction.java:31)
at it.ld.sh3d.devtoolkit.DynamicAction.execute(DynamicAction.java:62)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomePane$ActionAdapter.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.ResourceAction$AbstractDecoratedAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:369)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1020)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.menuDragMouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1132)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JMenuItem.fireMenuDragMouseReleased(JMenuItem.java:575)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JMenuItem.processMenuDragMouseEvent(JMenuItem.java:472)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JMenuItem.processMouseEvent(JMenuItem.java:417)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.MenuSelectionManager.processMouseEvent(MenuSelectionManager.java:342)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicPopupMenuUI$MouseGrabber.eventDispatched(BasicPopupMenuUI.java:903)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit$SelectiveAWTEventListener.eventDispatched(Toolkit.java:2194)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit$ToolkitEventMulticaster.eventDispatched(Toolkit.java:2086)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit$ToolkitEventMulticaster.eventDispatched(Toolkit.java:2085)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit$ToolkitEventMulticaster.eventDispatched(Toolkit.java:2085)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.notifyAWTEventListeners(Toolkit.java:2042)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4917)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Thanks for your time
[Dec 28, 2022, 1:37:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@crackwood01
Finlay I've found one of the combination of setting to reproduce this error.
Now I'll try to fix it!
It's something with unit measurement (Inch, foot etc).
Thanks to report it.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 28, 2022, 5:05:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@crackwood01
This is a bug of version 4.0.beta2, it only happens if you are using the imperial system.
You may switch to the metric system or downgrade to the latest stable version.

@Dorin
The thickness is initialized to 10 cm, but when imperial system is used the minimum value is set to 1 foot = 30 cm, which is greater than the value, causing the exception. Maybe the minimum should be 1/4 foot (3 inches).

EDIT: we wrote at the same time!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Daniels118 at Dec 28, 2022, 5:22:11 PM]
[Dec 28, 2022, 5:21:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Thank you to both of you
[Dec 28, 2022, 8:38:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved