Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 635947 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

Wow, that looks very promising!
While you're at it, try to make the border textures to follow the roof line wink Or even better a selectable texture for each border so you can differ between the horizontal sides and the sloping sides.

Many thanks for the immens effort you are putting into this excellent plugin!
[Apr 21, 2023, 9:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

try to make the border textures to follow the roof line

Considering done! (Thanks to Daniel118 who is the expert)
Or even better a selectable texture for each border

I think is not better (not now).
Imagine a roof with 87 faces, each face with an average of four sides (borders).
After you calculate this let me know how long could be the list.

On the other hand, I feel you as a programmer: why not take the source, modify and try your wishes than share it with us?

PS I'm SORRY if I managed to upset you crying
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 21, 2023, 9:55:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Imagine a roof with 87 faces, each face with an average of four sides (borders).
87 faces is an extreme roof, most will have less faces. Maybe a switch where you choose to generate separate borders or not. That way you can avoid an extremely long list of properties. Personally I would prefer a long list if it gives me the posibility to fine-tune the look of a roof.
On the other hand, I feel you as a programmer: why not take the source, modify and try your wishes than share it with us?
I am a (professional) programmer but mainly in C# (on Linux). I'm currenty very busy but I'll see if I can make some sense of Java laughing The syntax is apparently very similar to C# so a quick understanding of what is what should be easy.
[Apr 21, 2023, 12:12:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Thanks Daniele118 and Dorin

little suggestion: area of each slope
[Apr 21, 2023, 11:27:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

other suggestion:

i know the software doesn't work like others .. but maybe there is a work around to attach wall to roof when part of the wall is missing in 0' slope
[Apr 21, 2023, 11:30:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ejaz

Pakistan

the plugin "generate roof" is not displayed in tools menu in sweet home 3d version 5.3, 5.4
it works in newer versions.
what is the method to work it in older versions
plz guide me
[May 6, 2023, 7:32:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Why wouldn’t you upgrade your version of Sweet Home 3D ? That would be the easiest solution.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 6, 2023, 9:20:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

@Daniels118

@crackwood01
We are far from having a "black and white" view from the side, however you can now have a textured side view where you can draw dimension lines. To do this, you can exploit the new feature of the Pan 3D view plugin which enables the parallel projection in 3D view (CTRL+J) and allows to align the camera to the selected object (CTRL+K).
You can then add vertical dimension lines using the 3D dimension lines plugin with the help of a "tracing paper" (i.e. a transparent object where you can draw the dimension lines.)
You can download a tracing paper model of 10x5 meters from here.

The terrain generator plug-in has a built-in wireframe option, i mean, when i use revit i can switch from wireframe to hiddenline.

could this be a starting point to get a 2d blackandwhite elevation view
[Aug 14, 2023, 5:04:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

@crackwood01
The Pan3dView plugin already has this option, you can find it under the menu 3D view -> Pan 3D view settings. The option is named "Outline" and you have 4 choices:
- none
- perspective
- parallel projection
- both

But please note that wireframe is not the same of a technical drawing.
[Aug 19, 2023, 5:52:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Frazc

United Kingdom

My roofs are all way up in the air, even with elvation at 0? What am I doing wrong?
[Aug 23, 2023, 6:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved