Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1851 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
crackwood01

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Part of an obj invisible

Hi Forum,

as far as i know: everything is impossible until somebody does it.

i was wondering: is there a way to "cut" a part of an obj, or something like it ..

here i would like to cut a piece of roof ..
i know it's not possible for the moment, but, as i see in this forum .. people are full of imagination

[Mar 26, 2022, 12:37:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada
Re: Part of an obj invisible

img:

[Mar 26, 2022, 12:38:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

That looks like a roof created by Dorin's awesome plugin, so it is an object. SH3D is not a modelling tool in any meaningful sense. So I'm understanding right that you want the dormer to cut a hole in the main hipped section? This is not possible in SH3D.
What you will have to do is select the objects, export them as an obj, import that into a modelling tool, and edit it there. I can confirm that Blender works for this, but any tool that can import and export .obj files should work.
[Mar 26, 2022, 11:51:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

If you are generating the roof using the Roof generator plugin, you can achieve this result with a trick. Just draw the roof as in the following picture:

The dormer roof is just a texturized box with the proper inclination.
[Mar 27, 2022, 8:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Nice tip wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 27, 2022, 4:12:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Yes it was a roof generated with Dorin's masterpiece!

Thanks for the tip!

Suggestion: Add points in the 3d preview?, something like it would be crrraaazzzzyy

THANK YOU
[Mar 27, 2022, 8:54:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Hi Forum,

i tried to cut the dormer part but couldnt manage to suceed.

If i send you the file would you mind cut it for me please?

also tried the Daniels118 trick .. line don't go exactly at the end of the roof .. shapes are a bit random
[Mar 28, 2022, 1:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Figured something being creative

thanks!

[Mar 28, 2022, 2:51:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved