Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1166 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
earlcjr

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
roof around a round wall

Hi - I have a few towers on a castle like building. How can I place a roof so that it goes around the circular tower if the tower is higher than the roof? Thank you.
Earl
[Apr 1, 2022, 1:54:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: roof around a round wall

Do you mean something like the lower roofs of these towers?

[Apr 1, 2022, 9:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
earlcjr

Thank you for your reply. Not exactly. I have a few gable roofs up against some circular towers. So it’s like a slanted roof rectangle meeting the circular tower which goes up higher.
[Apr 1, 2022, 4:25:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

I assume you want the roof to not intrude into the towers internal space? If so, then I don't think there is a way currently without breaking out into a modelling tool. Dorin's roof plugin gets close, but at the moment cannot do gables I think, only hipped (slopes on all sides). It is probably quicker and easier to layout in SH3D, then export the objects and do some boolean cuts to cut the tower shape out of your gable roof in a modelling tool. Then import that new roof object back into SH3D.
[Apr 1, 2022, 5:04:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Here's a simplistic blender example using booleans to make the tower cutout the roof and walls of the gabled section:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Tp1AaoL6ZFt...UkqFWefw/view?usp=sharing
As you move the tower, the bit removed from the gabled section is removed as appropriate.
One word of warning: If you reimport previously exported walls, they no longer behave like walls in SH3D. So you probably only want to reimport the roof part if possible once you figure it all out.
[Apr 1, 2022, 5:42:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
earlcjr

Thank you
[Apr 1, 2022, 8:54:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
earlcjr

How do you open the .blend file?
[Apr 4, 2022, 2:49:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

How do you open the .blend file?

You need the application blender available at https://www.blender.org/
[Apr 4, 2022, 9:48:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved