Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2836 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
shellie222

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: ZipException: invalid entry CRC on opening the sh3d file

i also removed
.eteks
- no success with either file

sorry for the multiposts
[Apr 6, 2022, 11:57:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

what did you do though?

I just opened it, then I've selected File->Save as.

Are you able to create a new file, save it, and open it back without getting errors?

Maybe you have updated your JDK and the new version has a different/bad zip implementation. You could try to start SH3D pointing to a different JDK.

Anyway, don't worry, your files aren't corrupted :)
[Apr 6, 2022, 12:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Wile You are under linux I recommend You to use the official version from this site
(forget the repository versions )
Eventually read this post

After that I'll be able to help You.

Anyway Your file 3UrP maybe need a extension like sh3d or zip or tgz
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 6, 2022, 1:30:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shellie222

Daniels, huh, unexpectedly Im not able to do so - i just tried that twice

I did not update java since I installed sweethome3d - and it flawlessly worked before (opening and saving)

I dont know what could have caused the now permanent misbehaviour - is there some debugging function ?

As said, the repository version can not be the problem here - it worked before (no changes in java/sweethome packages happened).
[Apr 6, 2022, 2:11:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shellie222

i tried openjre8 11 and 17 - all yield the same result
however I can load the demos
[Apr 6, 2022, 2:47:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

however I can load the demos

This isn't so weird since demos are embedded within the jars, so as long the application starts it will always be able to load the demos.

It could be that the JDKs use some native system call to handle compressed files (but not the jars), so a system update or other software installation could affect the JVM behaviour. Have you update your OS or any other application?
[Apr 6, 2022, 4:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shellie222

yes I updated several packages like kernel and libzip
but as I can uncompress the files outside sweethome3d I wouldnt suspect a problem with external packages
explicitly the crc checksum error would have to occur if it was system issue
[Apr 6, 2022, 4:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Sorry, but I have to contradict you :)
There are 2 ways a zip can be opened:
- as a file, meaning a determined amount of data, which you can access randomly;
- as a stream, meaning a flow of data which you can read only sequentially.

SH3D uses the latter (ZipInputStream is mentioned in the stacktrace). It is well(?) know that this way of opening zip files may cause problems... I won't report the details here, but you if you are interested you can learn more here: https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/zip.html

So you may try rollback the libzip upgrade. This isn't a solution, but if we can identify the bug we can find a workaround and possibily fix it in the future. Please also post the version of the libzip you're using.
[Apr 6, 2022, 5:12:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shellie222

I would not have thought that

warning: downgrading package zlib (1:1.2.12-1 => 1:1.2.11-5)

did the trick apparently
[Apr 6, 2022, 6:30:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved