Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1255 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
thomasa88

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
sad Imported furnite icon renders as garbage

I have a problem that has been bugging me for some while in Sweet Home 3D.

Every time I import custom furniture from the web, the icon renders as garbage:

In the import Wizard, the rendering is fine:
Page 1:

Final page:

Imported bicycle. Garbage icon in furniture list and in 2D plan. 3D view renders fine.

I'm using Sweet Home 3D installed by the Ubuntu Linux package manager:
Ubuntu 22.04

Sweet Home 3D ® Version 6.6.2
OpenJDK version 11.0.15 - 64bit - 0.1 / 7.8 GB provided by Private Build Java 3D version 1.5.2 - NATIVE_OGL PDF print provided by iText SVG export provided by FreeHEP SVG path compilation provided by Batik Photo rendering provided by SunFlow

I have also checked a manually downloaded copy of Sweet Home 3D and I get the same result.

I have tried using both the Java binary supplied with the download and using my systems java (by changing the executable path to just "java").

./SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2

exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/runtime/bin/java -Xmx2g -classpath "$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/SweetHome3D.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Furniture.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Textures.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Examples.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Help.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jeksparser-calculator.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/iText-2.1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1b.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/sunflow-0.07.3i.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jmf.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dcore.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dutils.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/vecmath.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jnlp.jar -Djava.library.path="$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId=SweetHome3D#Installer com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D -open "$1"

Sweet Home 3D ® Version 6.6a
OpenJDK version 11.0.15 - 64bit - 0.1 / 2 GB provided by Private Build Java 3D version 1.5.2 - NATIVE_OGL PDF print provided by iText SVG export provided by FreeHEP SVG path compilation provided by Batik Photo rendering provided by SunFlow

Any ideas? It seems to be some kind of problem storing the 2D rendering?
[May 7, 2022, 10:52:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thomasa88

Re: Imported furnite icon renders as garbage

Here's the version when running the original SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script:

Sweet Home 3D ® Version 6.6a
Java version 1.8.0_202 - 64bit - 0.1 / 1.8 GB provided by Oracle Corporation Java 3D version 1.5.2 - NATIVE_OGL PDF print provided by iText SVG export provided by FreeHEP SVG path compilation provided by Batik Photo rendering provided by SunFlow

[May 7, 2022, 10:54:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Under Linux, the icon of imported models are built from the screenshot of the 3D preview shown in Furniture import wizard.
Therefore, you must be sure that the 3D preview of wizard’s last step (or the preview shown in the Furniture Library Editor) must be at screen and not hidden by other windows to get a correct icon.
Was it the case?

Note that double clicking on the bicycle you imported in the catalog will show again the wizard to let you update it if needed, its icon included.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 7, 2022, 11:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thomasa88

I'm pretty sure the rendering was visible. Or at least, I did not hide it in any way. The import wizard was visible on top of the main window.

I noticed that there is a short flickering of the image when closing the wizard. Maybe that could be related? I did not see such flickering on the previous Ubuntu version (21.x), but the rendering problem was in that Ubuntu version as well.

I noticed now that 6.6.2 at first does not show any renderings in the dialog windows.

I have recorded videos of the different Sweet Home 3D versions:
https://imgur.com/a/qY999R9
[May 7, 2022, 12:45:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved