Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 75754 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Weird 3D Artifacts

Thanks to cyphorage for your test and to quallemalle for willing to help further.

When I reported this bug to AMD, they asked me to provide dxdiag (in .txt) & msinfo32 (in .NFO) reports from the system which will capture the entire system configuration and drivers installed. If you could do that and send it me (or them), this could help because I don’t own a PC where I can reproduce this issue.

About debugging JOGL, you could run the program by setting the jogl.debug.DebugGL system property, for example by adding the line:
-Djogl.debug.DebugGL
in a SweetHome3D.l4j.ini file stored in the same folder as SweetHome3D.exe. Then, you should run the program from the command line followed by 2>log.txt or maybe 1>log.txt to retrieve trace logs.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 18, 2022, 4:09:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

Ok so here are my findings:

- created the .ini file and put debug parameter in it. Unfortunately this caused the software not to run anymore. Just the splash screen appeared and stayed visible. Had to cancel the Zulu Platform process via task manager.

- removed the .ini file and ran the program with logging to stderr (2>err.txt). Software booted and ran fine, but the err file provided the following:

"
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline (file:/D:/Programme/Sweet%20Home%203D/lib/java3d-1.6/j3dcore.jar) to method sun.awt.AppContext.getAppContext()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
"

- trace logs (1>trace.log) were empty

- Also tried to play around with /runtime/conf/logging.properties and adding the debug parameter there but that did nothing :)

Would love to get some more debug info, any idea what went wrong?
[Dec 23, 2022, 7:00:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks quallemalle for the dxdiag (in .txt) & msinfo32 (in .NFO) reports you sent me. I sent them to AMD.
Sorry for the wrong information about debugging JOGL, I should have tried myself first and would have seen that it doesn't work (it probably requires some modifications in Sweet Home 3D).

To all, AMD told me that they couldn't find any bug report about Sweet Home 3D that many of you sent!? Please be sure to use the form available at https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form so they can directly communicate with you and get the information that will help them. If you want a message to fill this form faster, you could write something like:
Hi,

I'm xxxx, a user of Sweet Home 3D, a free open source application developed in Java / OpenGL and available at https://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp
Since version > 22.5.1, AMD Adrenaline drivers provoke some display bugs in Sweet Home 3D where the OpenGL 3D view doesn't appear correctly anymore (see links at the end of this message). As reinstalling driver version 22.5.1 makes the program 3D view work correctly again, I guess a regression appeared in the more recent versions of AMD Adrenaline drivers. I hope you can fix it soon to avoid me to keep an old driver version installed in my system. Don't hesitate to ask me more details if needed.

Best regard,
xxxx

Bug reports available at:
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/bugs/1108/
https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11888
As the form allows to attach some files, you could also send some screenshots showing the differences between a normal and buggy 3D view. Thanks!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 24, 2022, 11:39:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Blargh

Same here; went from Nvidia to a new AMD 7900 XTX. Image with two walls, a bed, and a beer glass. The objects are causing insane spaghetti geometry.

https://i.imgur.com/2Ky2ako.png
[Dec 24, 2022, 7:52:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

No issue Puybaret :)
Will use the contact-email-form from AMD to send another bug report . Other OpenGL applications have the same issue according to a quick google search. I hope the users also are reporting their bugs.
Cheers!
[Dec 26, 2022, 2:47:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dekki1

Finland

AMD is lying.

I have submitted about dozen bug reports concerning SweetHome3D with screenshots and detailed description of the issue during last 6 months...Basically one report per new Adrenalin driver version.
[Dec 31, 2022, 2:13:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yanagawak

Reinstalled AMD 22.5.1 and problem solved.
Also seems to have improved other aspects of the display, generally. The latest version was having "jitters" and "microscopic blackouts".
Normally I always disable automatic updates for most softwares. But this time I reinstalled my PC and downloaded the latest version.
[Jan 2, 2023, 4:51:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
yanagawak

Also AMD's installer specifically allows for "downgrade" installation. No need to manually uninstall the previous version. On AMD's driver download page, two versions are provided, without suggestions that the user should install the latest one. It's as if they know that the latest version is going to have issues. They are just putting it out there for mass public beta testing.
[Jan 2, 2023, 4:55:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
quallemalle

Ok so I went full circle with first level tech support of AMD via mail.
I sent them dxdiag and msinfo32 files as well as followed a lot of troubleshooting steps like updating chipset drivers, cleaning gpu driver via cleaning tool, ...
There is no known issue with OpenGL that they know of they told me. Best suggestion was to use the 22.5.1 driver and wait for future driver releases to fix the issue.
They also told me to file a bug report via Adrenalin Software, which I already did weeks ago. I would suggest you all do the same since first level is not going to get us anywhere.

How to use bug report tool:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt
[Jan 5, 2023, 5:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Neplechac

Česko

Same issue with RX580 v22.11.2 drivers :/
Downgrade works => THX
[Jan 7, 2023, 7:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved