Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 75862 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
aminor00

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Weird 3D Artifacts

Yes, it should be fine. I was using v7 with my old 1080 Ti last month and had very recent drivers, maybe a month old at the time. I didn't see a single problem with the 3D view.
[Jan 16, 2023, 6:10:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Additional Info:
I just deinstalled the V7 and installed V6.6a (64bit) and opened an older file, that was not created or saved under V7 before.
Same problem with weird lines in the 3D view...

One "simple" question:
Is that bug only with AMD cards, or is it known also with NVIDIA graphics?

In other words: If I install a NVIDIA card, should it work (with V6 and V7 and 64bit installation??)

I just installed a new RTX3060 and SH3D V6.6 and also V7 are running well again.
[Jan 19, 2023, 8:57:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Would you be able to find the version of the driver of your graphics card?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 25, 2023, 10:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

For reference of anyone else here with an AMD Radeon 7900 XTX, I've just installed the Adrenalin 23.1.2 drivers that were released yesterday and they have the same problem with the 3D view.

If I uninstall them using the AMD driver cleanup tool, and switch back to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, then the 3D view in SW3D v7 looks correct again.

I should note that it's not just the 3D view that is broken. All of the textures in the 2D view are also either completely missing or wrong.

I haven't heard anything else from AMD Tech Support after they asked me to do further testing.
[Jan 25, 2023, 11:10:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

Emmanuel, I assume it's not possible to change the renderer from OpenGL? Or use some different OpenGL .dll file in SH3D?

It looks like AMD rewrote, or massively enhanced, their OpenGL support in the Adrenalin 22.7.1 driver: https://www.geeks3d.com/20220804/amd-radeon-a...-1-opengl-changes-tested/

Is anyone using 22.6.1 and do you have a working 3D View in SH3D?
[Jan 26, 2023, 11:03:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Soulbrother

Would you be able to find the version of the driver of your graphics card?

Hi,
before I get the Nvidia 3060, I had tried with 3 different drivers, that I found at the AMD Website, but all of them have been from 2022.

As I needed a fast solution (just working on a huge project) and as I wanted also a more up-to-date graphic card for Adobe software, this 333.- Euro for the 3060 have been a good investment ;-)

...But NOW I also WANT a new and faster Intel i7, as THIS is the "bottleneck" while rendering - and unfortunately this will be much more that a few hundret Euro ;-)
t.b.c.
;-)
[Jan 26, 2023, 11:35:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
aminor00

United Kingdom

>> Emmanuel, I assume it's not possible to change the renderer from OpenGL? Or use some different OpenGL .dll file in SH3D?

Just to clarify, I meant... "...can we change from one OpenGL renderer to a different OpenGL renderer?"

Or are there any other options we can tweak in the SH3D config files to improve or change the existing OpenGL renderer in SH3D?

I have already tried the DirectX driver and that fixes the issue but requires that I run the 32 bit version of SH3D and that means I cannot render using the faster photorealistic raytracer.
[Jan 26, 2023, 2:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MarcelCB

I have the same problem.
I just bought the version V7.3 and unfortunately only 3D problems.
I have a strong gaming Pc with a
AMD graphics card RX6700 XT.
I also hope for quick updates from Sweet Home3D so that it runs properly.
Please help
[Jan 28, 2023, 9:17:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LR9215

FR

Hi,

Same issue for me (with AMD RX580) since installation of Adrenalin 22.8.1 (I tried many versions including the last 22.11.2 with the same result). Going back to 22.5.1 is correcting the problem, but this Adrenalin version is really outdated, probably no more supported by AMD, and reported as obsolete by some other applications which may refuse to start (so it's not a workaround for me).

I've sent 2 bug reports to AMD months ago with screen captures and many details on the bug, so when I read that "they couldn't find any bug report about Sweet Home 3D"... AMD is just lying (or the bug report tool is not working).

Some details about the bug :
- The 'weird artifacts' (lines and triangles) in the 3D view seem to have the same origin : the origin point coord (0,0)
- In the 3D view, the walls are correctly displayed but not the other objects (doors, windows...). Also, the background is black, no more light gray
- In the 2D view, objects are no more displayed and are replaced by a strange texture.

I did some research on the web, but haven't see any other issue like this one with AMD, OpenGL and J3D... Really strange. @Puybaret : if I find something, I'll tell you
[Feb 7, 2023, 6:54:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hi,
Let’s try first to find the simplest way to reproduce this bug:
Does it happen when you draw one wall or one room?
Does it happen when you add one piece of furniture?
For the three previous cases, does it change something if you use textures?
Thanks for your help.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 7, 2023, 7:27:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 108   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved