Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4676 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
BaaronHaffax

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Windows 11 - not possible to open/save/save-as

Dear all,

I downloaded version 7.0.2 and installed it. I use windows 11 (updated frequently), Java is also up-to-date. I can work with the software without any problem, also added some libraries from github. I've been working with the software some years ago. No issue so far, but as soon as I try to open a file ("open" dialogue) nothing happens. Same when I try to save or save-as, nothing happens. When I try to close the application it asks me if I wanted to safe the progress - when I click save nothing happens, no window pops up for me to choose the destination.

What I tried so far:
- Installing on Drive C (32 and 64 bit)
- Installing on another drive (also both)
- run as admin
- uninstalling, removing all libraries, reboot, install again (same procedure as above)
- tried compatibility mode
- use of keys (Strg+O, Strg+S), Strg+Shift+S starts the screenshot mode, but nothing opens the "Explorer-Window"

Nothing could solve the issue so far.
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thzank you in advance!
[Aug 24, 2022, 4:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Windows 11 - not possible to open/save/save-as

Maybe check that security settings don't forbid you to save some files from Sweet Home 3D application, following these instructions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 24, 2022, 5:15:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BaaronHaffax

Deutschland

Dear Puybaret,

thanks for the reply! I checked the setting, but my "Windows Security" is disabled though I use Norton 360.
I checked the settings of this Application aswell, but even disabling the full package and looking at the detailed history does neither give any useful information nor make any difference...

Best regards
[Aug 25, 2022, 5:06:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Can you download a demo of the Gallery and try to open it by double-clicking on the downloaded file? If it works, try to modify it and save it.
[Aug 25, 2022, 5:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BaaronHaffax

Deutschland

I downloaded the file, opened it by double-clickin, changed something and hit "save". That did actually work!
"open" or "save-as" still does not work, but the changes I did were saved.
[Aug 25, 2022, 6:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

At least, you can start from an existing file and modify it.
Nevertheless, it would be nice to understand why the file dialog box doesn't appear. Could you run Sweet Home 3D from the command line as explained here to get logs when you select Open or Save as menu item?
[Aug 25, 2022, 6:23:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Arbor

I wanted to share that the same issue is occurring for me as well. I installed 7.0.2 today and am not able to save my work. I tried using a gallery file to alter and am still unable to save.

I tried to launch from command line as advised above, but nothing is writing to my designated log file when I perform actions in the client.
[Aug 25, 2022, 6:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@Arbor What error does the program report when you try to save (not save as) an existing file?
[Aug 25, 2022, 9:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BaaronHaffax

Deutschland

I tried to use the command "SweetHome3D.exe -log MyLogFile.log", first time the file was created writing "system could not find the file" (in german ;-) ), another try and the system did not even create this file...
[Aug 25, 2022, 9:47:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Arbor

No error messages presents for me, it just does not perform the save. The asterisk still appears by the filename in the upper corner. When attempting to close the program, it states the file has not been saved and prompts to save. It still does not save when following the prompt.
[Aug 26, 2022, 1:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved