Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2366 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
kochina

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Import DAE plan file

A friend made me a plan in a commercial program and exported it as a DAE file (which looks to be just XML). I now want to import his plan into SweetHome3D but I don't see a way to do it. I can see the option to import furniture, but not an entire plan.

Thanks for any help you can offer to a very new user.
[Sep 7, 2022, 5:40:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Import DAE plan file

You can import a DAE file only as a piece of furniture. You should get a correct object, but it will one object, probably not the easiest thing to arrange furniture in it, since there won’t be any notion of walls and rooms.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 7, 2022, 6:11:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
EloFan

is that still the case?

At least I could use it as a kind of blue print?
[Apr 13, 2023, 2:02:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Don't expect it will change, because a DAE file doesn't contain any information about the purpose of a shape (wall, floor, furniture...)

If you want some kind of blue print, just make a screen shot in SketchUp or in Sweet Home 3D and use it as a background image.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 13, 2023, 3:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved