Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1817 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
frpatte

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
problem with use on linux

Bonjour,

In fact I have 2 problems:

1- I installed sometimes ago SweetHome3D-6.6 and I could not use it because: "I had to update the drivers of my graphic card"... I never find what I had to update because everything was update...

I install SweetHome3D-7.0.2 today and... the problem is still there...

I use fedora in its last version with all drivers in their last version: graphic card is nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (which not a down market product) and all the drivers are in the last version for this card...

2- I try to install new furniture, so I go to:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/freeModels.jsp
and chose a model to import and use the "furniture import" tool as said in the manual; everything goes well: the answer is: the file.zip has been added to the catalogue. But nothing has been added, I cannot find what I added.

Same thing if I unzip the stuff and try to add one of the unzipped file.

Same thing if I try to add a .obj file or or a .sh3f file.

What can I do?

F.P.
[Sep 20, 2022, 9:48:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
anonnymouz

Brazil
Re: problem with use on linux

Try do download a library from source forge:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/importModels.jsp#ModelsLibraries

Uncompress the zip file and, instead of using "Import forniture..." menu,
go to "Forniture >> Import forniture library" and open the .sh3f uncompressed file.
[Sep 22, 2022, 1:53:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

Bonjour,

I use fedora in its last version with all drivers in their last version: graphic card is nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (which not a down market product) and all the drivers are in the last version for this card...

What can I do?

F.P.

I'm using SweetHome3D with an Nvidia 1650-Super on OpenSUSE. I'm using Nvidia's proprietary driver.

When ever using Nvidia cards with Nidia's driver, I have had to edit the SweetHome3D startup script and add the option -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true. Have you tried that?

The edited line would look something like:

exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/runtime/bin/java -Xmx6g -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true -classpath "$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/SweetHome3D.jar:...

[Sep 25, 2022, 3:48:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
frpatte

France

I just tried the code you sent and it kills the terminal!
[Sep 25, 2022, 9:34:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

I just tried the code you sent and it kills the terminal!

It reads like you just entered the line in a terminal - which is not what I suggested.

To be clear about what should be done:

• Find the executable script SweetHome3D. It will be a /bin/sh script.
    The command
    whereis SweetHome3D
    might find it, but it depends on how you installed it.
  • Save a copy somewhere, just in case something gets messed up.
  • Open this file with a text editor of your choice.
  • Find the line that starts SweetHome3D, it normally follows the comment "# Run Sweet Home 3D". It will be a very long line that invokes java and will look similar to the one I quoted, but perhaps not exactly the same.
  • Insert a new argument to java, that being
    -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.useOffScreen3DView=true
    - as illustrated in my previous post. Be careful to keep the line intact.
  • Save the file
  • Run the file

[Sep 25, 2022, 10:32:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
frpatte

France

Thank you.... This works!

F.P.
[Sep 25, 2022, 10:41:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

Thank you.... This works!

F.P.

Good news.

This should be a FAQ. The FAQ should also state that this is almost certainly true if you are using an Nvidia GPU with Nvidia's proprietary driver (which could be tested by seeing if 'lsmod | grep nvidia_drm' returns a match)."
[Sep 26, 2022, 5:15:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
frpatte

France

In fact, I don't use the proprietary driver but the one you can find on the rpm-fusion repo.

Regards.

F.P.
[Sep 26, 2022, 10:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

In fact, I don't use the proprietary driver but the one you can find on the rpm-fusion repo.
Regards.

F.P.

On a brief look, the rpm-fusion repo appears to exist to ship non-free software that Redhat declines to ship due to licencing/copyright issues.

The repo offers the non-free Nvidia proprietary driver. So you are most likely using Nvidia's proprietary driver without knowing it. This driver is the one that comes with the nvidia-settings and nvidia-smi applications.
[Sep 26, 2022, 9:16:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved