Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3771 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
3DMR

Nederland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Regarding FurnitureLibraryEditor and TexturesLibraryEditor.

When I start FurnitureLibraryEditor or TexturesLibraryEditor they appear in a small window, when I load my Library I first have to adjust the size of the window (make it bigger) and then I also have to adjust all the columns so that I can read the - Name - Keywords - Category - Creator - Width - etc of the objects fully.

Sweet Home does not have this, when I start Sweet Home the window is also small, but when I set the size of the map window and the 3D window and create a new map and save it, and then close Sweet Home, and start Sweet Home the next day and load the newly created map, the window size set by me will automatically the way I set it up.
This is a very pleasant way of working, especially if you work with different floor plans!

My question;

It would be great if FurnitureLibraryEditor and TexturesLibraryEditor also saved the window size and column widths with the relevant Library.
Now every time I start a LibraryEditor and load my Library I have to adjust the window size and column width.
This is very frustrating, especially if you use the LibraryEditors a lot.

Hope a dedicated programmer can solve this frustrating "problem" soon.
[Nov 28, 2022, 4:31:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Regarding FurnitureLibraryEditor and TexturesLibraryEditor.

Maybe it could be saved in some preferences of the editors but libraries are not supposed to save this kind of information.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 28, 2022, 11:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3DMR

Nederland

I had already looked at that, but unfortunately it is not there.

If I understand correctly you are the programmer of the FurnitureLibraryEditor and TexturesLibraryEditor https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,1550 and https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,3502.
Isn't it possible that you can solve the problem?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 29, 2022, 10:51:11 AM]
[Nov 29, 2022, 10:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I can solve the problem with preferences in a future version, but won't change SH3F and SH3T file format for that.
[Nov 29, 2022, 10:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3DMR

Nederland

That would be great !
[Nov 29, 2022, 4:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3DMR

Nederland

Hello Puybaret, I saw that there was a new version FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.31 and was very hopeful that you had modified it but unfortunately not yet, I hope it can be included in the next update
[Mar 4, 2023, 8:42:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
3DMR

Nederland

Hi Puybaret, I found a bug with FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.31, when you import an item with the name followed by numbers at the end (eg chair_v_1.0) the last zero (0) is removed. It will then appear as (seat_v_1.)
[Mar 8, 2023, 11:27:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It always worked like this, trailing figures are removed.
[Mar 8, 2023, 1:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hi Puybaret, I found a bug with FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.31, when you import an item with the name followed by numbers at the end (eg chair_v_1.0) the last zero (0) is removed. It will then appear as (seat_v_1.)
I ran into the same thing and reported it as a bug too some time ago. It's not only numbers but also things like a underscore.

There's a little trick to get around this by abusing the fact that underscores are also removed: Add an underscore after the last number, i.e. 'chair_v_1.0' > 'chair_v_1.0_'. Since the underscore is removed the name with all numbers will remain.

@Emmanuel
The big question is Why? I can't imagine any reason to remove numbers or special characters. There can't be any invalid characters in the name because you can't export to such a name (the file system will reject it). At a minimum numbers should be allowed.
[Mar 8, 2023, 2:26:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Trailing figures in imported file names are not removed anymore in Furniture Library Editor 2.0.
See also this post for other new features.
[Sep 24, 2023, 3:26:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved