Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 42
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 55338 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Staircase generator plug-in

@architectech
As Keet said You don't disturb anyone.
I considering you as a friend and, as friend, I prefer to talk with you short and frankly, not politically correct.
Probably I'm wrong. I'm sorry if I offense you somehow!
Somewhere you've said "My problem is I'm an architect".
That's not a problem, not your true problem.
I think your expertise in this area is invaluable for us, for the majority of SH3D users. You could help and advice us in this sense.
IMO your true problem is that you came from ArchiCAD with the accordingly heritage.
I think it is like you have drive last past 10 years a modern fully automatic car and, for some reasons, you can't used anymore (let say irremediable broken).
Someone give you for free an old but functionally car. Well, is not the same:
Have clutch, only 4 manual gear, no break and direction aid and assistance BUT fit the main condition: exist.
Next optionally conditions: work and is free.
Well, it don't came totally free of problems. You have to remember the old times when you've drive something like this. That's is!
Just for my curiosity: how long took to you to learn to use ArchiCAD?? and how many help you've received from the ArchiCAD community?
I've tried to use it in the past (~20 years ago) but I've quickly realize I'm too dump for this.
It need more brain and knowledge (architecture studies) and I'm in lack of both.
So for me the SH3D is the perfect compromise.
With SH3D I'm able to make planes very close as those made by some of my colleagues with ACAD.
Indeed with more work and effort in some parts.
Finally I hope you will still be here at least time-to-time with some advice's for us.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Jan 18, 2024, 6:43:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kregai

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Staircase generator plug-in

Wonderful plugin. Thanks.

Wanted to check if the following is possible

I want a staircase with three flight around and elevator. The outer dimensions of the elevator hoistway is 5'x6'x5'. The total ceiling height is 11'. The staircase should go in the clockwise direction.

Many thanks in advance for any input or direction that anyone has/provides.
[Mar 7, 2024, 11:43:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved