Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3729 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Using google translate

It's not a blame to use google translate.
I use it but with caution.
For every phrase I've want to post or send I've have to verify 3 or more times until I obtain an acceptably result.
For this I use the double sense arrows to switch between translations.
Could be any language which I never heard and know it exist or know their writing.
Just switch between translations, modify the phrase in your language, until the output has the same meaning with what you want to say.
Sometimes Google don't know some words and let it as is. You have to verify why.
It's not a easy task but necessary in a multilingual world.
You will see how many differences and meanings are between different phases of translations.
This exercises are good also to learn your own language.
"First condition to know an foreign language is to know very good your language"
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 14, 2022, 8:15:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Using google translate

Google is a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" translator. Which means that it is actually one of the worst translators. For each language there is a different 'best' translator, usually dedicated to only that language.

The trick is to find which one works best for your language. What I usually do is to type "translate <words> from <language> to English" in DuckDuckGo and among the first few suggestions there's always a site with a good translation.
[Dec 14, 2022, 8:47:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Using google translate

About a year ago, Google drastically overhauled its translation software. Since then, their translations for mayor European languages are excellent. I tried about any combination of English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese and they are definitely usable, and more often than not don't need any correction.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 14, 2022, 10:10:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved