Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2939 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Lysakowski

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
shock errors importing or installing plugins

I get the same error message when trying to import .sh3p files, error importing or installing plugin:

"Can't import plug-in
"c:\users\poweruser\desktop\home_renovation\sweethome3d\models-various\evidencemarkergenerator-1.1.sh3p"

I am running SweetHome 3D version 7.0.2 on Windows 10 Professional.

I have tried with the following plugin files:
StaircaseGenerator-1.0.sh3p
GenerateRoof.sh3p
ExportPlanImage-1.0.sh3p
and others.

Do the files need to be in a specific directory? I am importing them from my working directory.

.sh3p files are supposed to be native SH3d files aren't they?

I try double-clicking on the .sh3p files and still get the message above.

If I use the menu "Furniture... Import... " and then either select a file or drag-and-drop a file. I get errors with .sh3p, .zip, and .obj files.

I am new to SH3D, so this is frustrating my effort to get my construction renovation project done.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 9, 2023, 4:14:49 PM]
[Jan 9, 2023, 9:21:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: errors importing or installing plugins

You probably haven't the right to write in the folder where plug-ins are stored.
Can you try to place these plug-ins in the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins (where user is your login) and restart Sweet Home 3D?

.sh3p files are supposed to be native SH3d files aren't they?
What do you mean by "native"?

If I use the menu "Furniture... Import... " and then either select a file or drag-and-drop a file. I get errors with .sh3p, .zip, and .obj files.
Import menus are not used to install plug-ins.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2023, 4:21:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lysakowski

United States

I installed with full administrator privileges.

There is no folder named:
"C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins"

I found these eTeks related folders:

"C:\Users\PowerUser\eTeks" (EMPTY)
"C:\Users\PowerUser\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\recovery" (EMPTY)

All the subfolders in this parent folder are EMPTY:

"C:\Users\PowerUser\AppData\Local\Packages\eTeks.SweetHome3D_y7v7etvrysvmm"
"C:\Users\PowerUser\AppData\Local\Packages\eTeks.SweetHome3D_y7v7etvrysvmm\AppData"

I first did a portable installation of the free version (from SourceForge), and then I installed the version from the Microsoft Store, and I cannot (yet) find where the Microsoft Store version is installed. I hate using the Windows Store because it hides things away from users.

After the Microsoft Store installer, I am still not able to install the plugins, because I cannot find the plugin directory.

By the way, "native" format means the file format(s) that are native to an application, e.g., sh3d for SweetHome 3D, xlsx for MS-Excel, docx and doc for MS-Word. These are also the file extensions that get registered by the Windows operating system in the Windows Registry.

Is there a way to download the "Pro" (paid) version and install it manually without using the Windows Store?
[Jan 9, 2023, 10:34:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There is no folder named:
"C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins"
Create it yourself and place some .sh3p files in it.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 12, 2023, 9:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
saitama_hadumsky

россия

hi, I have almost the same problem, but I don't get an error message, and the plugins just don't work, I click on tools, click on the plugin and it doesn't work
[Dec 8, 2023, 12:10:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved