Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 713 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
koffer1

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
No 3d display in "modify openings" dialog

hi guys,
I run SH3D 7.02 (SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2) with Ubuntu 22.04 on an old Imac from 2013.
Graphics is NVIDIA Corporation GK104M [GeForce GTX 780M Mac Edition] (rev a1) with 4GB, NV Driver version 390 or 418-server (tested both).

If I start SH3D, open a file, select an object and open the "modify openings" dialog, the 3d-shape is shown only the first time I open the dialog. At this first time, I can modify the object.
Further use of the dialog does not show the 3dshape and I cannot modify.

If I select the XORG-Nouveau-Driver ist works. But it's slow...

On another computer with another NVidia-card (with Ubuntu 22.04) it works, so it seems to be an problem with this specific card.

Any hints?
What Information is needed to investigate in this issue?

Thank you very much,
Jo
[Jan 18, 2023, 7:42:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: No 3d display in "modify openings" dialog

It looks like a driver problem and I fear it will be very difficult to help you on this.
Maybe you could try to run Sweet Home 3D executable JAR with a more recent Java version, like Java 15 for example (with versions > 15, you'll have to add --add-opens=java.desktop/sun.awt=ALL-UNNAMED Java option in the command line).
To run it with Java 3D 1.5.2, you'll have to use also -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 Java option in the command line:
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.version=1.5.2 -jar path/to/SweetHome3D-7.0.2.jar

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 18, 2023, 10:13:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved